PDA

View Full Version : 3M Imperial Hand Glaze

dontsleeponit
11-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Just wondering about this product, and if anyone here uses it. It gets raving reviews from the local car care supply guy I deal with now and then, and anyone else who Ive heard uses it (very few people) say its an excellent product.

If you have used it, what are your impressions, and please explain a little about what it does, how to use it...

I gather its a very light polish that adds oils and glossing properties like a conventional glaze.

thanks guys

Russecu
11-02-2007, 07:13 AM
I have read that if you want a filling/hiding product then get it. Thats about the only thing I have heard about it.

dontsleeponit
11-02-2007, 03:24 PM
bump

Tandis1
11-02-2007, 05:42 PM
I have read that if you want a filling/hiding product then get it. Thats about the only thing I have heard about it.
Same thing I have heard..

LazerRed1
11-02-2007, 06:44 PM
It's just a very good glaze, that's all.

Jimmie
11-02-2007, 07:07 PM
I used it once on a newly painted hood. I applied it and wiped it off by hand. It was very very hard to remove. Could have been a one time deal if no one else chimes in.

slo-ryd
11-02-2007, 10:32 PM
I used it years ago on fresh paint. It did a remarkable job.

By years ago, I mean 18 years....

blkyukon
11-02-2007, 11:53 PM
I used it once on a newly painted hood. I applied it and wiped it off by hand. It was very very hard to remove. Could have been a one time deal if no one else chimes in.

:iagree: I had the same experience with it...only used it a few times because it was such a PITA to remove. I'd use XMT glaze or Clearkote Red Machine Glaze instead.

ScottB
11-03-2007, 08:21 AM
professional body shops seem to love the product and recommend it. The novice and hobbist seem to complain its harder to use and mixed results on outcome. I have always found the line to be just a bit more complex than most other offerings and stay away from it as possible.

dontsleeponit
11-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Hmm I wonder why this local guy, who seems to know his stuff pretty well, and has never tried to push any of his products on me (in fact he has told me that I didnt need stuff I was looking to get from him) recommends it so much? Weird.

Rsurfer
11-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Hmm I wonder why this local guy, who seems to know his stuff pretty well, and has never tried to push any of his products on me (in fact he has told me that I didnt need stuff I was looking to get from him) recommends it so much? Weird.
OVER STOCKED! LOL:cheers: