PDA

View Full Version : Another trick with tire gels

Pages : [1] 2

Surfer
11-01-2007, 08:33 PM
I love my AA Extreme gel and this should work with the boutiques as well, WG/DP/Pinn etc. I've been using it on trim like wiper cowls and bumpers etc, works awesome, much better then other trim products including PB Trim Restorer. What I do is just apply and let sit and soak in, then buff off with micro gently to remove whatever product is left on the top. The tire gel last even longer on trim as it doesn't see the motion and abuse that a wheel does. Water just beads right off like its been waxed and holds the fresh look even through rain. I have not noticed any "running" from the rain either.

Give a try.

Smith2287
11-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah tire gel is great stuff, I use it all over the place as well.

dengood1
11-01-2007, 08:36 PM
I love my AA Extreme gel and this should work with the boutiques as well. I've been using it on trim like wiper cowls and bumpers etc, works awesome, much better then other trim products including PB Trim Restorer. What I do is just apply and let sit and soak in, then buff off with micro gently to remove whatever product is left on the top. The tire gel last even longer on trim as it doesn't see the motion and abuse that a wheel does. Water just beads right off like its been waxed and holds the fresh look even through rain. I have not noticed any "running" from the rain either.

Give a try.

Way ahead of you:D......I've been using it on the black side mirror housings since I first used it on the tires a long time ago! It's good stuff!!

Surfer
11-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Way ahead of you:D......I've been using it on the black side mirror housings since I first used it on the tires a long time ago! It's good stuff!!blah blah blah, lol, been doing it for awhile too. I could not get PB Trim Restorer to work and last on anything, I was lucky to get a couple days out of it and others said they got months?

Bonifax
11-01-2007, 08:44 PM
I use Megs Endurance Tire gel on trim as well but I think will change for forever black.

dengood1
11-01-2007, 08:46 PM
blah blah blah, lol, been doing it for awhile too. I could not get PB Trim Restorer to work and last on anything, I was lucky to get a couple days out of it and others said they got months?

Haha, you know I'm just messin' with you. I think it's cool for people to post new things, different processes, etc. to help others.

I agree about the trim gels. I used C G's trim stuff and it sucked. Ran everywhere when it rained:mad:

Rsurfer
11-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Way ahead of you:D......I've been using it on the black side mirror housings since I first used it on the tires a long time ago! It's good stuff!!Good idea dengood I'll try it this weekend. Thanks

VISITOR
11-01-2007, 08:53 PM
AA extreme shine tire gel = good stuff! :)

Tonya
11-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Thanks for sharing guys!

dontsleeponit
11-01-2007, 09:37 PM
yea good tip, Ive thought of it, but always thought the trim dressings would be better. Ill give it a try.

Surfer
11-01-2007, 09:43 PM
http://armorall.com/img/products/wheel_tire/r_arm_etsgelcrtn_0706.jpg good stuff! :)Its great, but they are going to pry delete that picture lol.

This should work with any good tire gel. I hate Megs Endurance though.

supercharged
11-01-2007, 09:45 PM
Sounds like this stuff works well on trim too, and is pretty durable. I wonder how is it compared to Duragloss.

Cashcrazy
11-01-2007, 10:00 PM
I bought some of this stuff and tried it about a month ago. It has major shine. It started raining the day after I applied the AA on my wifes car tires. After 2 rainy days the tires still looked good. It wasnt quite as shiny as a fresh coat, but it did still have a clean appearance.

Surfer
11-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Sounds like this stuff works well on trim too, and is pretty durable. I wonder how is it compared to Duragloss.I didn't have good luck with the DG Trim stuff either, Sparkie sent me a bottle. Ford has something in their trim that likes to reject products, I tried our Ford trucks, families trucks, same thing. The tire gels work better for me on trim.

VISITOR
11-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Its great, but they are going to pry delete that picture lol.

This should work with any good tire gel. I hate Megs Endurance though.

oops, my bad... deleted pic...