PDA

View Full Version : Carwash AND Conditioner

Catman
11-01-2007, 02:16 PM
I have seen some car wash soap advertised as a wash AND conditioner. Will this "conditioner" have any effect over AIO/SG .....or ....will it put a 'coating' on the car that will prevent additional applications of SG from bonding?

thanks,

>^..^<

trhland
11-01-2007, 03:16 PM
i believe alot of that is just fancy marketing.however mequires goldclass soap does offer nice lubricity . and as far as any conditioner bonding to the paint i would have to say no .ive had no problems applying waxes after.

darksparkz
11-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Reminds me of those Shampoo+Conditioner All-In-One bottles.

Anyways, yeah, soap will just act as soap, its just made to lubricate and remove debris from the car.

ScottB
11-01-2007, 05:52 PM
usually its all marketing hype, maybe a little beeswax in it to help make it bead all purdy like.

Catman
11-02-2007, 12:05 PM
usually its all marketing hype, maybe a little beeswax in it to help make it bead all purdy like.

OK ...let's assume that it does have beeswax ...would that cause issues with additional coats of SG?

FWIW ...I usually avoid products that use 'technobabble' (marketing hype) ...I did pick up some Meguiars Deep Crystal (IIRC) car wash from WalMart ...it didn't mention a ''conditioner".

>^..^<