PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the LC Ultrafiber 5 inch pads?

tuscarora dave
09-18-2016, 10:53 AM
Last I purchased pads these were what I was buying. Seems now they're no longer available. Anyone know why they are no longer available?

What a disappointment... I've perfected my correction techniques using these pads..

What are people recommending now to work on 5" backing plates for DA polishers?

ronkh57
09-18-2016, 10:59 AM
Dunno

But stopped by to say Hi

Hi Dave.

WRAPT C5Z06
09-18-2016, 11:02 AM
No longer being made. Those were finicky MF pads. They work well with dry polishes(105) but didn't perform well with wet polishes(fg400)

Setec Astronomy
09-18-2016, 08:57 PM
This has been a bad week...I found out the Meg's 3" MF pads are no longer being made, and went to look up what the alternatives are, and found that there are these LC pads in 3.25". But due to this thread, I realize that probably all of these LC pads have been discontinued, and it's just that the 5" is the most popular so it's gone first.

And of course this week has seen the demise of D114 and D163, which I am not personally mourning.

Now that I think about it, other than microfiber towels, which seem to shift with the wind, polishing pads have perhaps been the items that have come and gone the most since I've been on detailing forums.

Hoytman
09-18-2016, 09:19 PM
Hi Dave!

dlc95
09-18-2016, 09:25 PM
I believe a new version is going to be released. Sit tight. Should be pretty good stuff.

Setec Astronomy
09-19-2016, 06:15 AM
I believe a new version is going to be released. Sit tight. Should be pretty good stuff.

I actually have a bunch of the (original) Meg's 3" pads, I just never even got to try the newer version and now they are gone. I find they are the only way to get any cut out of my GG 3".

GSKR
09-19-2016, 06:42 AM
I actually have a bunch of the (original) Meg's 3" pads, I just never even got to try the newer version and now they are gone. I find they are the only way to get any cut out of my GG 3".
The new pads for the gg3 make owning a gg3 worth it.The gg3 was only really good at applying lsp.With the new pads it can remove sanding marks.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
09-19-2016, 06:43 AM

:iagree:

Setec Astronomy
09-19-2016, 06:45 AM
The new pads for the gg3 make owning a gg3 worth it.The gg3 was only really good at applying lsp.With the new pads it can remove sanding marks.

What new pads? Are you talking about the new LC pads that aren't out yet?

I really only use my GG 3" for two things...sanding headlights and polishing DVD's/CD's that won't play.

GSKR
09-19-2016, 06:48 AM
At the end of the day this is a business for everything and everyone.If deosnt sell its a indication to pull the plug.To keep these pads and micro towels business afloat there always refreshing with new and better products.

Scott V @ LCM
09-19-2016, 10:17 AM
Hello Everyone,

Please stay tuned and hang tight, our new Microfiber Pad and our HDO-Fiber Pad Lines were officially released last week at Automechanika in Germany. They are new and improved and will out perform our Ultra Fiber line. These pads will be available in 1.5" through 6.5", please check out our website Lake Country - Home (http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/) to check them out.

Thank you for all of your support,

Scott V
Lake Country Mfg.