PDA

View Full Version : Can't get spots off car, HELP!

Jomak
09-17-2016, 08:37 PM
My son has a 09 Audi A4 Black. He parks under trees all the time and I think he has sap stains all over the car. It looks like hard water spots all over the car. We washed it real good, the spot are there. I busted out the polisher and with a medium pad using Maguire's Ultimate Compound did nothing! The spots, stains are there. What can I do to remove these spots?

VISITOR
09-17-2016, 08:57 PM
did you try claying?

Eldorado2k
09-17-2016, 08:59 PM
Which exact polisher did you use? And what exactly is a "medium pad"?

wing commander
09-17-2016, 10:12 PM
If you can post pictures of the spots you will get some great help.

shadwell
09-17-2016, 10:40 PM
If all trace is removed and all you have left is etched clear then you could Wet sand locally then recover with compound and polish...

If you are unable to remove the etch with available clear then you have options to try and fill or allay a coating
Which while not removing the problem may improve upon it...

If not re clearing....

Jomak
09-18-2016, 09:51 AM
If you can post pictures of the spots you will get some great help.

Here a few pictures:

Crispy
09-18-2016, 04:10 PM
First step is clay.

Removes above suface stuff.

Do a test spot on a section with the worst contamiination.

After do the baggy test to be sure removed all (sap is
extremely gooey and may take a few applications to remove).

Then move to compound and cutting pad on DA.

Try minamal passes per section (4-5) on test spot.

If that works go to polishing and repeat over rest of car.

That is how I do it, but more bird bombs than tree sap.

Mad Wax
09-18-2016, 08:57 PM
Looks like bird crap etching

Dandy98
09-22-2016, 08:56 PM
Would like to know final results. When something is that bad I would try 2500 wet sand by hand, then compound and polish. When compounding don't bullseye the pad. Start machine with pad edge slightly to the right of the defect. Compress the pad lightly. Move the da from left to right then from above to below the defect. Stop the da with pad still on the surface. Wipe completly. Then go to polish with a polishing pad and the polish of your choice. Start your polishing step on the outer edge of your compounding step. No need to compress the polishing pad at this point. Use a new microfiber cloth to wipe the polishing step. Total time for repair should be no more than 3 minutes. Nuff said