PDA

View Full Version : Richy's Thinking Outside the Box

Pages : [1] 2

richy
09-15-2016, 05:25 PM
I know threads about using Auto Detailing products around the house is an old topic. I love using my products for many different uses. Today, while I was cleaning the toilets in the house (yes, Richy is the bathroom cleaning guy), I came up with an idea. I was actually concerned whether it would be environmentally safe or not, so I consulted with the company.

My idea was after cleaning the bowl of the toilet, was to shoot it with some Aqua Bead. For those who don't know what this product is or what it does, it's basically a copy (a fine one and cheaper) of Hydro. I shot it with AB and then swished it with the brush (which was immediately more slippery against the surface) and then flushed it down.

I received a response back from the makers of Aqua Bead saying it was no problem whatsoever to go down the drain, so I did the other 2 toilets the same way. It was cool to flush and watch the water rush off the surface (ya, small things amuse small minds; what can I say?). I do honestly believe it will keep the bowl cleaner and more sanitary than without it.

The other thing which I know some of you have posted about too was that I coated our new granite counter tops (with Finest). I go over them every few days with UWW and sometimes FK425. FK seems to win for slickness. I think for a winter project, I'm going to try to compound one and polish it and then re-coat it to see if I can't get it even better...I'm thinking I can looking at it.

WillSports3
09-15-2016, 05:29 PM
I've used claybar on my girlfriends glass desk to clean it as well and I've been tempted to put a layer of cquartz on various things I see around the house sometimes. I've occasionally clayed the marble kitchen counters just to see what it would do. There was someone on the forum who wanted to coat the glass of his shower and I kind of wonder if he did or didn't and what happened if he did..

ronkh57
09-15-2016, 06:12 PM
No problems with stuff slipping on counters?

fly07sti
09-15-2016, 06:18 PM
This just gave me a new phrase.
"Man this paint is slicker than a turd goin down a coated towel bowl"

dmayer
09-15-2016, 06:20 PM
I know people have used polish and sealant on shower doors. But, is there a car product that would work with a DA polisher to clean tile and tile grout?

Jaretr1
09-15-2016, 06:40 PM
Im gonna try the Hydro2 on the toilet. Ive used it on my shower.

ronkh57
09-15-2016, 06:57 PM
Guess I gotta try it too

Jowillie
09-15-2016, 07:30 PM
The granite is porous until sealed with granite sealer (imagine that). I'll follow everyone's results if you'll post it here. Been wondering the same thing about household uses for detailing product for a while.

PaulMys
09-15-2016, 08:01 PM
MAN! That idea is slicker than, well.......... Rhymes with owl spit.

That's cool as hell, richy. Thanks for that post. And you certainly don't have a "small mind".

"Small something else....." But not mind. ;P::::::::::::::: lol

AGO: we need to experiment with this.

It'll be either A) This is the SH*T!!

Or B) This is CRAP!

GSKR
09-15-2016, 08:03 PM
Im gonna try the Hydro2 on the toilet. Ive used it on my shower.
Applied gyeon to the shower door and got good beading for a week now nothing.

GSKR
09-15-2016, 08:09 PM
Applied four star paint protection to Formica porcelain fridge microwave and glass.Any product never last in the bathroom.Dont know why that is but I'm no expert on porcelain.d120 on everything and wets on wood tv hutch and gyeon leather coat on couches.

Mike@ShineStruck
09-15-2016, 08:15 PM
I thought about putting a ceramic coating on a toilet bowel
But never went further past that

57BORNTORUN
09-15-2016, 08:52 PM
Different meaning to "Throwing money down the drain"!

lane5515
09-15-2016, 09:11 PM
While brushing my teeth the other day I looked over at the toilet and noticed the seat cover is covered with swirls and light scratches. I started thinking about buffing it out...

If I put Hydr02 in the bowl and buffed the seat cover my wife would have me put in the nut house.

LEDetailing
09-15-2016, 09:13 PM
Ricky,

What a s****y idea! JK. I would like to try this myself. Anyone coated bathroom glass doors? My mom used to have a pink glaze for our bathroom as kids. It definitely made the counter slick, much like a sealant. I hate cleaning the bathroom.