PDA

View Full Version : Buffing Shower Gel Coat

olariu
09-15-2016, 11:57 AM
I use two Rupes (21 Mk II and 75E) machines on cars simply as an enthusiast. As I was recently scrubbing my one piece bathtub surround I thought, why not use one of the buffer for this? Not that I would buff the shower every time but I think it would give a high gloss that would be easier to clean regularly. I think that doing gel coats is different than clear coat paints, but not much different than a boat hull. I have a full selection of Rupes polishes and pads (blue through white), UHS and HD Force. Should I start with one of them (I was going to use UHS as a test) or is there something specific for fiberglas that would be much better?

Jeff

ronkh57
09-15-2016, 12:02 PM
I use two Rupes (21 Mk II and 75E) machines on cars simply as an enthusiast. As I was recently scrubbing my one piece bathtub surround I thought, why not use one of the buffer for this? Not that I would buff the shower every time but I think it would give a high gloss that would be easier to clean regularly. I think that doing gel coats is different than clear coat paints, but not much different than a boat hull. I have a full selection of Rupes polishes and pads (blue through white), UHS and HD Force. Should I start with one of them (I was going to use UHS as a test) or is there something specific for fiberglas that would be much better?

Jeff

Marine 31

Results for marine - Search (http://autogeek.commerce-search.net/search?catalog=autogeek&query=marine&x=0&y=0)

briarpatch
09-15-2016, 01:12 PM
just not on the floor

olariu
09-15-2016, 02:59 PM
Got it. I was thinking that you would not want to have a waxed area where you're standing or stepping. Thanks