PDA

View Full Version : Speed Glaze: M80

Hoytman
09-14-2016, 11:17 AM
I thought this stuff was discontinued a long time ago!?!

Anyone have any info? I seen some for sale some place and the above question came to mind.

Seems like I recall Mike Phillips talking about another Meg's product with a lot of polishing oils in like M7...he may have even mentioned using it on single stage paint somewhere, but I'm not sure. Of course, I can't recall if that product he was referring to was m80 or not.

Any info on M80's best uses or where it excels? Just curious.

Setec Astronomy
09-14-2016, 11:23 AM
IMO all those 80-series polishes are really not worth using anymore, unless I guess you're working on old single stage paint (as opposed to new single stage paint which is likely a different chemistry). All of them had a lot of "trade secret oils" and they just are harder to work with on CC, IMO.

The other thing is all my products like that (including #9 and #26 liquid) all seem to have gotten very watery, but it's possible they froze back in 2012 when we had that hurricane and the power was off for 10 days.

Zubair
09-14-2016, 11:46 AM
M85 and M80 work just fine on cc. M80 is very close to M205 in cut and finish.

Setec Astronomy
09-14-2016, 11:50 AM
M85 and M80 work just fine on cc. M80 is very close to M205 in cut and finish.

Yeah, they work--it's just they have some properties that there's just no reason to live with today, like trim staining, etc.

Hoytman
09-14-2016, 11:51 AM
Wasn't planning on buying any...just thought it had been discontinued. I could be mistaking it for another product that Mike Phillips had mentioned in a thread a while back. IDK!!

Anyhow...anyone looking for a gallon of something that I thought was discontinued is on autopia for sale a $70 a gallon. Don't mean to break any rules. Was thinking that site was part of pbmg now, maybe not, and thought it weird to see that product for sale.

The Guz
09-14-2016, 12:04 PM
It has been discontinued.

STATUS On M80? Looking for some! - Page 2 (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?63280-STATUS-On-M80-Looking-for-some!/page2#hRohpm6DARqLsDe1.97)

Hoytman
09-14-2016, 12:04 PM
Was trying to search threads, but since they changed the forum I have found the search function to be a pain.

I could have sworn that not too long ago, within months, Mike or someone else possible, mentioned or referenced to possibly using M80 on a single stage paint job as a process step in reconditioning a paint job. Errrggggg....I can't find it. Hate it when that happens. Even worse...I think my memory is going.

Need to take some more ginko biloba for my memory. LOL! Just can't recall where I put it. LOL!

Hoytman
09-14-2016, 12:06 PM
It has been discontinued.

STATUS On M80? Looking for some! - Page 2 (http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?63280-STATUS-On-M80-Looking-for-some!/page2#hRohpm6DARqLsDe1.97)Thanks, Guz. I thought it had been discontinued. I thought all the retailers would have sold out by now, but I guess not since I found it above.

Setec Astronomy
09-14-2016, 12:19 PM
Thanks, Guz. I thought it had been discontinued. I thought all the retailers would have sold out by now, but I guess not since I found it above.

Yeah, but that's a gallon, gallons of polish sell very slowly here, they blew out the gallons and half gallons of Optimum Hyper polishes and no longer carry those sizes. Oh, and I guess the creme OPT polishes also.