PDA

View Full Version : help id contaminate and how to remove?

Igsimon
09-13-2016, 09:53 AM
I am a novice working on my first real detailing effort. Its a 2004 Boxster. I have tried claying, wolfgang swirl remover using Porter Cable and orange pad, and bug /tar remover but cannot get rid of these white contaminants. You can feel them as a bump on rest of smooth car. They are mainly on front bumper and a few on hood. Any suggestions? rest of car is looking great as I removed ton of swirls and scratches. 5224952250

Desertnate
09-13-2016, 10:08 AM
Are they raised like paint overspray? If so, it could be splatter from stripes being painted on the road. Without being there they almost look like tiny chips from road debris and bugs.

Igsimon
09-13-2016, 10:17 AM
They are above the clear-coat I believe. I can feel the bumps.

GSKR
09-13-2016, 10:20 AM
That looks like road rash nice color.

Just02896
09-13-2016, 11:19 AM
Road paint. Try using goof off but be sure to wipe clean with alcohol afterwards.

Paul A.
09-13-2016, 11:37 AM
Looks like road rash to me and they can feel like bumps at times. My trick is to look closer at something with a magnifying glass to determine if it is something above or below the paint. If they're chips and below the paint Dr. Colorchip is a good option. If it is road paint as suggested, i like acetone and q-tips. Then a thorough wash again.

Igsimon
09-13-2016, 01:38 PM
Looks like road rash to me and they can feel like bumps at times. My trick is to look closer at something with a magnifying glass to determine if it is something above or below the paint. If they're chips and below the paint Dr. Colorchip is a good option. If it is road paint as suggested, i like acetone and q-tips. Then a thorough wash again.

The magnifier was the trick - it is road rash - I will look at Dr. Colorchip

Thanks all