PDA

View Full Version : poor boys blackhole glaze?

Pages : [1] 2

fightnews
09-13-2016, 03:09 AM
i just bought this stuff thinking it would be better on clearcoat then 07 meguirs, it says it has cleaning ability does that mean it will take off wax?

twinnyk
09-13-2016, 03:14 AM
It should be applied before wax buddy, it's a glaze so it will fill in minor marring and swirls, then seal or wax after to help seal in the glaze as durability will be poor on its own.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

MarkD51
09-13-2016, 06:38 AM
I understand that Meg's #7 was re-formulated some time back, and perhaps others can comment on such. So my further comments below may be null and void at present.

Over the years long back, and although Meg's #7 was considered one of the gold standards of Glazes, I myself didn't usually like the fact that it could often be a bear to remove. But such a quality can be exasperated and compromised with the age of a product. I've seen that happen with other Glazes I've used such as 3M after being 2-3 years old.

Black Hole I have found to be exceptionally easy to use. I just sent 2 bottles of it to a good friend, and I'm sure he's going to really like it.

And yes, I'd say that a Glaze will more than likely fully remove a previous wax or sealant. Follow up with a LSP of choice for protection.

Kamakaz1961
09-13-2016, 09:44 AM
It should be applied before wax buddy, it's a glaze so it will fill in minor marring and swirls, then seal or wax after to help seal in the glaze as durability will be poor on its own.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Well said. I have it and it's some good stuff!

Desertnate
09-13-2016, 09:55 AM
Blackhole is good, but I'd say the cleaning properties are very slight. Maybe the cleaners are chemical based vs abrasives?

Prima Amigo has mild abrasives and I tend to like it a little better for that reason. As far as appearance goes, I'd say it's a draw.

fightnews
09-13-2016, 02:59 PM
i understand it should be applied before lsp but i just got it and i already polished a couple weeks ago, so im wondering if applying it now will take off the wolfgang dgps i just put on, i was going to follow up with some fresh souveran anyway but i wanted to know for sure if the more durable paint sealant will still be there after applying the black hole? im pretty sure i could put meguiars glaze on over the wolfgang without taking it off.

then my other question is it even worth putting on if my car doesn't have any swirls? ive already gotten rid of them.

Desertnate
09-13-2016, 03:08 PM
If you've already polished out all of the swirls and applied the LSP there is no point in messing with a glaze.

The whole point in applying a glaze is to cover up defects temporarily. Since you've already corrected those defects, the work is already done. I'd also think the application of the glaze would remove some of the LSP. Also, the glaze wouldn't really do it's job because it would be sitting on top of the LSP and wouldn't be able to fill very well.

You've already done the work. Leave it alone and just sit back and just keep it clean.

shadwell
09-13-2016, 08:47 PM
If you've already polished out all of the swirls and applied the LSP there is no point in messing with a glaze.

You've already done the work. Leave it alone and just sit back and just keep it clean.

Or apply more LSP.... cos clearly your looking for something to do:)

vobro
09-13-2016, 09:02 PM
On another post you stated that the Pinnacle didn't stick to the Wolfgang and now you want to apply BH? If you spent the time to do a proper polish the paint isn't going to get any better by applying product after product,just leave it alone

fightnews
09-13-2016, 09:12 PM
Or apply more LSP.... cos clearly your looking for something to do:)

u know it!

fightnews
09-13-2016, 09:16 PM
On another post you stated that the Pinnacle didn't stick to the Wolfgang and now you want to apply BH? If you spent the time to do a proper polish the paint isn't going to get any better by applying product after product,just leave it alone

ya im def gonna put another coat of the souveran, i know it will look much better if i use meguiars glaze or this black hole stuff. i did it before, i just put the glaze over the lsp then add more lsp, it looks unbelievable for a couple weeks. i just washed it and used the pinnacle crystal mist ad the spray wax, looks great, to bad the glaze wont cover chips in the paint

fightnews
09-13-2016, 09:18 PM
oi basically just wanted to know if the black hole would take off my lsp, i know i can put the meguiars glaze over the lsp without taking it off, i did it before it looked unbelievable

Desertnate
09-14-2016, 07:40 AM
oi basically just wanted to know if the black hole would take off my lsp, i know i can put the meguiars glaze over the lsp without taking it off, i did it before it looked unbelievable

You put a glaze on top of your LSP? Why would you put a non-protective product on top of a protective one? Is this a garage queen/show car?

Zubair
09-14-2016, 07:54 AM
I never found any glaze to look better than a nuba.

fightnews
09-17-2016, 04:19 AM
You put a glaze on top of your LSP? Why would you put a non-protective product on top of a protective one? Is this a garage queen/show car?

yes but you're ignoring the rest of the sentence, i put more lsp on top of the glaze, also to clarify im not talking about doing all this in 1 day.

ive done a full polish and wax

then a maybe 4-6 weeks later applied glaze and more lsp

result, it looked unbelievable the meguiars glaze definitely adds depth to the paint and makes it look more wet. i am a hundred percent convinced. i was going to try the black hole this time but i dont want the "cleaning ability" to take of my base coat of durable paint sealant. i dont think meguiars does this. i didnt realiz the black hole would do this until after i bought it