PDA

View Full Version : foam gun

Pages : [1] 2

jader2012
10-31-2007, 11:07 PM
just got foam gun and want to try megs gold class in it any body used it .

supercharged
11-01-2007, 12:32 AM
just got foam gun and want to try megs gold class in it any body used it .
you won't be impressed at how Megs soaps foam up in a foam gun. You should try DP Xtreme Foam Formula instead.

FMINUS
11-01-2007, 12:34 AM
Megs GC is horrible at foaming.

DP extreme foam works best
then DG 901

AL417
11-01-2007, 04:21 AM
Megs GC is horrible at foaming.

DP extreme foam works best
then DG 901
:iagree: DP Xtreme is my favorite.

supercharged
11-01-2007, 04:46 AM
Another niec soaps that work well with a foam gun are Poorboy's SS&S, and Optimum.

Bubbabuff
11-01-2007, 07:30 AM
Chemical Guys Citrus wash & gloss foams very well, very concentrated

Smith2287
11-01-2007, 08:16 AM
Same here got my foam gun on monday but my truck is clean. They sent me a free sample of the DP extreme foam soap plus I got the ** Citrus soap so I will compare over the weekend. Quick question though after I foam the car up I let it sit for a while then spray it all off, then wash the car by hand?

makdaddy626
11-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Same here got my foam gun on monday but my truck is clean. They sent me a free sample of the DP extreme foam soap plus I got the ** Citrus soap so I will compare over the weekend. Quick question though after I foam the car up I let it sit for a while then spray it all off, then wash the car by hand?

Check out the Pinnacle videos (the chapter on washing) for some examples of how to use the foam gun.

wytstang
11-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Personally I don't let the soap sit too long (maybe a minute), you're spraying a concentrated amount of soap on the paint. It can and will start (if left too long) to break down you wax/sealant given enough time. I use my FG to basically wash of any sand/grit and let it start to break down crap on the paint. I do let it sit forever in the wheel wheels and (on mustangs) the black plastic gas tank cover that you can see in the back. If I was doing a complete break down and striping wax then sure let it sit and do it's thing.

Pats300zx
11-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Personally I don't let the soap sit too long (maybe a minute), you're spraying a concentrated amount of soap on the paint. It can and will start (if left too long) to break down you wax/sealant given enough time. I use my FG to basically wash of any sand/grit and let it start to break down crap on the paint. I do let it sit forever in the wheel wheels and (on mustangs) the black plastic gas tank cover that you can see in the back. If I was doing a complete break down and striping wax then sure let it sit and do it's thing.

I agree. I mostly do a presoak when I doing a full detail on a clients car. This would include clay and paint correction.

Bunky
11-04-2007, 07:43 AM

Can you explain the "concentrated amount of soap" comment? From what I have read here, if you put say 2 oz of soap and 2 oz of water in the reservoir and then set the metering bar to 2 oz / gal isn't that the normal amount being dispensed? Maybe you use more to increase suds?

As I read your procedure, you:
1. foam entire vehicle, let soak for a few min
2. rinse (exc. wheels)
3. re-foam sections as you wash car normally (??)

Do you keep a separate suds and rinse bucket too?

AjNavo61490
11-04-2007, 10:41 AM
i use meg's GC and it foams fine....

wytstang
11-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Can you explain the "concentrated amount of soap" comment?
Do you keep a separate suds and rinse bucket too?
The foam is almost all soap with little water and air mixed in (<-creates foam). No different then mixing 1 oz soap with 1 gal water in a bucket then taking the foam created in the bucket and setting down on the paint. I still use the 2 bucket method.

From what I have read here, if you put say 2 oz of soap and 2 oz of water in the reservoir and then set the metering bar to 2 oz / gal isn't that the normal amount being dispensed? Maybe you use more to increase suds?
For 2 oz of soap you need 6-8 oz water in the reservoir (I've read using warm water increasing foam output haven't tried it yet) as per instructions;Yes that is the normal amount being dispense but the foam is still left sitting on the paint with some water left over. I hope I'm explaining this right if not maybe some one else can chime in and clarify it a bit better.

Bunky
11-04-2007, 03:39 PM
The foam is almost all soap with little water and air mixed in (<-creates foam). No different then mixing 1 oz soap with 1 gal water in a bucket then taking the foam created in the bucket and setting down on the paint. I still use the 2 bucket method.

For 2 oz of soap you need 6-8 oz water in the reservoir (I've read using warm water increasing foam output haven't tried it yet) as per instructions;Yes that is the normal amount being dispense but the foam is still left sitting on the paint with some water left over. I hope I'm explaining this right if not maybe some one else can chime in and clarify it a bit better.

Thanks. I guess I need to understand how the thing really works but then I used my foam gun for the first time yesterday so your posting was timely. I used duragloss 901 which produced a modest amount of suds (about 2 oz soap with 3 oz water) using a 2 oz / gal. setting.

After playing with it, I foamed up the car, rinsed it quickly, then foamed sections and basically washed normally. I just shot foam into my mitt in a bucket to suds it up and had a rinse bucket. I guess I need to do more reading.

wytstang
11-04-2007, 06:54 PM
You can wait about a minute before rinsing, when i say to long I'm saying maybe 5 minutes (sorry for not clarifying that). The most I would let it sit (this is just me) is 3 min max, unless I am striping the wax/sealant and starting over I'll let it sit for 5 minutes without thinking about it.