PDA

View Full Version : ONR or DP?

Pages : [1] 2

mparker30
10-31-2007, 08:09 PM
I am about to place an order and I wanted to get your opinions. I am thinking about getting onr but i wanted to know is it really safe in the winter time and there is alot of salt and debris on your car, would this really work without causing any extra marring. I do have access to run my hose through the garage for warm water but if the ONR or DP really do not cause any additional marring then I will buy it asap.

budman3
10-31-2007, 08:20 PM
You can add Protect All Quick and Easy wash to the rinseless wash list as well, you can get it locally at Camping World. If possible it'd be a good idea to rinse off as much salt as possible ahead of time either at your place or at a DIY car wash. The rinseless washes will still work fine without the prerinse but its a precaution to get rid of the bulk of the salt ahead of time. Either way, watch Anthony Orosoco's video on ONR and you'll be set. Take your time and it'll be fine.

supercharged
10-31-2007, 09:03 PM
either one will work well, but I like DP better, because of it's scent.

joe.p
10-31-2007, 09:07 PM
well for me i don't care for QEW..don't know if its me or not.. but i had steaking with the product and it destroyed my sheepskin mitts...DP was ok ..but i found ONR to leave a slick clean surface behind with no streaking..

quantim0
10-31-2007, 10:03 PM
I use 4-in-1 now and my only issue with it is that it removes all the slickness from my paint when using it. I don't think it's supposed to, but it does.

I will be trying ONR when I get done with this DP. From what I understand ONR leaves behind a bunch of polymers for shine and slickness.

CalgaryDetail
10-31-2007, 10:13 PM
I have used both and seem to come back to onr, i find it to be a little slicker.
I would say to use onr.

MikeyC
10-31-2007, 10:51 PM
well for me i don't care for QEW..don't know if its me or not.. but i had steaking with the product and it destroyed my sheepskin mitts...DP was ok ..but i found ONR to leave a slick clean surface behind with no streaking..
:iagree:

QEW is not as good as ONR or DP. For me though, the choice between ONR & DP is a toss up.

Dust2Glory
10-31-2007, 11:48 PM
never used DP... but i love ONR. will confrim on the slickness and glossiness of the after effect!!!!

mparker30
10-31-2007, 11:48 PM
Thank you everyone for the replies. I will be addining onr to my order..

Bert31
11-01-2007, 08:51 AM
What does DP stand for?

trlblazer3
11-01-2007, 08:57 AM
I would also vote for ONR compared to 4-in-1. To me it leaves behind a nicer finish with good slickness. If there is heavy salt accumulation on the vehicle, I would do what budman3 said and just give a good prerinse at a DIY wash, just to help some of the salt off to help prevent marring.

And DP stands for Detailers Pride if I recall correctly.

accellora
11-01-2007, 09:56 AM
I would also vote for ONR compared to 4-in-1. To me it leaves behind a nicer finish with good slickness. If there is heavy salt accumulation on the vehicle, I would do what budman3 said and just give a good prerinse at a DIY wash, just to help some of the salt off to help prevent marring.

And DP stands for Detailers Pride if I recall correctly.

Dam I just got my 4-in-1 today. Oh well. Maybe I should have asked first before I bought. Is it really that bad? After I DP, I want to apply the Klasse twins. You guys approve? Is good after the 4-in-1?

wytstang
11-01-2007, 10:03 AM
I had the exact same problem with QEW and my sheep skin mitts. All though I never got streaking from it but then again my car is white. I remember reading QEW is wax based which would explain the streaking, while ONR is polymer based.

wytstang
11-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Dam I just got my 4-in-1 today. Oh well. Maybe I should have asked first before I bought. Is it really that bad? After I DP, I want to apply the Klasse twins. You guys approve? Is good after the 4-in-1?
It's not bad just preference, some really like 4-1 other don't. Yes you can DP and apply the twins.

trlblazer3
11-01-2007, 10:40 AM

Don't get me wrong, DP 4-In-1 is a nice and very versitile product, I'm currently using is as a clay lube to finish off the bottle and enjoy its performance in that regard. I just prefer ONR in terms of a rinseless wash. And the Klasse twins are a very good combo, you'll be happy with the results.