PDA

View Full Version : Favorite/Easiest to use wheel coating?

Pages : [1] 2

CC268
09-08-2016, 10:05 AM
I have heard good things about CarPro Hyrdo2, but it isn't really a "coating". However it does appear to be very easy to use. At this point I have been planning on picking up some McKees Wheel Coating, but wanted to see what you guys think.

Thanks!

zmcgovern45
09-08-2016, 10:43 AM
HydrO2 is a great product for quick and easy protection... but it isn't quite as good as a coating. The benefit of HydrO2 is how quick it is to use and reapply. The benefit of a coating is durability and even more chemical resistance.

We like CarPro DLUX on wheels, and even use regular CQuartz and CQuartz UK on painted wheels with great results.

Hammer77
09-08-2016, 10:49 AM
I have PBL Wheel Coating on my wheels right now, put it on back in April. Still looks great!. I was trying to choose between that and McKees. I called down to Autogeek, and ask who answered the phone, off the top of my head can't remember who. Asked what they would pick out of the two. He said PBL. I ask why, he said it looks better. I am sure the McKees is top notch, this is just my experience. And all I wash with is soap and water.

Also this was my first wheel coating.

Angus
09-08-2016, 10:53 AM
McKee's Coatings are all great buys and easy to use. Go for it!

PA DETAILER
09-08-2016, 11:17 AM

:iagree:

GSKR
09-08-2016, 11:37 AM
Blackfire crystal seal with either a prevail sprayer or a small hvlp sprayer.

Justin at Final Inspection
09-08-2016, 12:24 PM
Zach hit the nail on the head about hydro2. Stuff is great. I like to use McKee's wheel coating or PBL wheel coating. I have used Gtechniq C1 on wheels too.

TTQ B4U
09-08-2016, 12:28 PM

:iagree:

What they said...

BudgetPlan1
09-08-2016, 12:34 PM
Gyeon Rim is working nicely on both a set of chrome wheels as well as a set of painted/clearcoated wheels. Been a little over a month I think and wheels still come clean with spray of water from hose. Wiping wheels with white cloth after hose-down results in little to no dirt on towel.

Jaretr1
09-08-2016, 02:25 PM
Why I love and use Hydro2 on my wheels, and any wheels is because wheels have so many nooks and crannies, and curves and ridges. Trying to hand apply anything to them is a pain. With Hydro2, I do not have to touch the wheels, and coverage will be evenly applied. I can apply Hydro2 to a wheel in about 60 seconds. Between moving the hose, lets say 5 minutes to do all 4 wheels. Im probably being conservative on that estimate. And of course they look great with Hydro2!

CC268
09-08-2016, 05:33 PM
Why I love and use Hydro2 on my wheels, and any wheels is because wheels have so many nooks and crannies, and curves and ridges. Trying to hand apply anything to them is a pain. With Hydro2, I do not have to touch the wheels, and coverage will be evenly applied. I can apply Hydro2 to a wheel in about 60 seconds. Between moving the hose, lets say 5 minutes to do all 4 wheels. Im probably being conservative on that estimate. And of course they look great with Hydro2!

Yea I am thinking Hydro 2 might be a good solution. If I am going to coat my wheels I would want to take them off and clean them really thoroughly...I don't even have a jack that will lift my truck high enough to pull the wheels off.

CC268
09-08-2016, 05:52 PM
So the Hydro 2 you literally dilute 3:1 and then just spray on a clean wheel and then spray it off and dry the wheel?

FUNX650
09-08-2016, 06:51 PM
So the Hydro 2 you literally dilute 3:1
and then just spray on a clean wheel
and then spray it off and dry the wheel?
A little bit more than that, IMO.

What products and processes are you
going to use to ensure that the wheel
has been properly cleaned/"prepped"...
prior to Hydro2 being sprayed upon it?

Bob

CC268
09-08-2016, 06:58 PM
A little bit more than that, IMO.

What products and processes are you
going to use to ensure that the wheel
has been properly cleaned/"prepped"...
prior to Hydro2 being sprayed upon it?

Bob

Probably Sonax Full Effect - what is your suggestion?

rlmccarty2000
09-08-2016, 07:13 PM
Assuming the OP knows how to prep his rims, Hydro2 is the fastest and easiest. PBL Wheel coating lasts much longer. I haven't used McKees, but I hear it is very similar to PBL.