PDA

View Full Version : Iron X Questions

asianstyles
09-07-2016, 12:06 PM
Had a few questions about Iron X that I didn't see answers to when I searched:

Will Iron X stain concrete (i.e. driveway)? My HOA won't be too happy if it causes a stain on the driveway or in the roadway
Will runoff potentially harm a lawn or plants?
Is it recommended to wear a respirator, even if using in a well ventilated area? I saw a few threads addressing this, but I didn't see a determination on how toxic the ingredients truly are

aztec1987
09-07-2016, 12:14 PM

Will Iron X stain concrete (i.e. driveway)? My HOA won't be too happy if it causes a stain on the driveway or in the roadway
Is it recommended to wear a respirator, even if using in a well ventilated area? I saw a few threads addressing this, but I didn't see a determination on how toxic the ingredients truly are

I had and used it, to be honest I never experience any stain on the concrete or grass getting burnt by the product when rinsed away. It does smell pretty bad even thou it says cherry scented, I remember when I used CG Diablo it has a pleasant smell and when I smelled Iron X (thinking that it might be as CG products where they smell good) and yeah I regret it. It does have a unpleasant smell yet I used it outdoors when washing my tires, it does smells bad when spraying that about it. It depends on your tolerance I did not use a respirator, I use spray and pray when cleaning my tires. If it is too much for you, wear a disposable painters mask, that should be good enough.

vobro
09-07-2016, 12:25 PM
The IronX itself won't stain but the filth from your wheels can, I rinse my driveway after using. I've seen no lawn/plant damage. I'm very sensitive to chemical and perfume smells so I wear a respirator, it does smell pretty bad

shadwell
09-07-2016, 05:44 PM

1./ IRON X no, the Carbon black in the washed off solution yes.... can be mitigated by rnsing off the car and chasing to the drian etc....
2./ Yes if for instance you had wheels lying on th egrass and you applied it to them off the car direct spray will burn the grass. The activated and rinsed (ie diluted) solution no.. its concentration is too low once rinsed. (ask me how i know.. but ey it does grow back..)
3./ if out doors and you are using infrequently then no, just don't gt your face right in it as you apply.. if in doors and it was your business then it wouldn/t be a bad idea.. as would other PPE to prtect your skin and eyes etc... (for many products not just this..)

Re the driveway, with all the oils and dirt coming off cars, planning on power washing (th spinnig jet wash attachments are very good) the driveway a couple of times a year stops it looking ordinary if you rinse after each wash...