PDA

View Full Version : Griots Garage PMF wax removal towels.

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
09-07-2016, 07:54 AM
Had the pleasure of using these yesterday during my application of DP POLI COAT PAINT SEALANT. Made removal safe and effortless. One pass and the product was removed. And only one towel was used. We got a winner here.

Griots Garage PFM Wax Removal Towel, Set of 4 (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-pfm-wax-towel.html)

Pats300zx
09-07-2016, 11:21 AM
The Griots PFM drying towel is my new favorite drying towel. It holds water like no other.

FUNX650
09-07-2016, 02:15 PM
Had the pleasure of using these yesterday...
We got a winner here.

Griots Garage PFM Wax Removal Towel, Set of 4 (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-pfm-wax-towel.html)
I'll have to give these PFMs a try!

I always liked these:
Griot's Garage 100% Cotton Buffing Cloths - 10 Pack (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-garage-cotton-cloths.html)

Bob

Rsurfer
09-07-2016, 02:33 PM
The Griots PFM drying towel is my new favorite drying towel. It holds water like no other.

You use a 9"X9" towel to dry? Thought they were for removing wax.

Fast Eddie
09-07-2016, 02:44 PM
You use a 9"X9" towel to dry? Thought they were for removing wax.

Griots PFM Drying towels, glass towels, and wax removal towels. All different and all awesome.

GSKR
09-07-2016, 03:58 PM
I used these at ag makeover.They will slice through the toughest sealant or hard to remove wax.I personally wouldn't use it on my car because I don't like edges.Good for cleaning interiors as well.

ducksfan
09-07-2016, 04:38 PM
I don't understand why any company that makes quality MF's put edges on anymore.

sss7912
09-07-2016, 05:27 PM
I like the fact that they don't leave the fine particles that traditional MF towels do. Sometimes I'd wash the car after removing wax just to get it off. These towels don't leave anything behind!

Eldorado2k
09-07-2016, 05:42 PM
I like the fact that they don't leave the fine particles that traditional MF towels do. Sometimes I'd wash the car after removing wax just to get it off. These towels don't leave anything behind!

I've never had any of my microfiber towels leave behind lint or anything else.. And supposedly I use the cheap ones! Lol.

Jeremy1976
09-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Looking to order some more MF's. I'll give these a try. Thanks for your input!

BrutalNoodle
09-07-2016, 10:47 PM
I want to try these. Not for wax removal, but to see how they would perform doing a GD rinseless.

If it's one thing that annoys me is dealing with folded towels come undone - having to stop & re-adjust. Really slow your flow. These look like they are the right size and thickness. Of course the downside is having to use many more than folded 16x16's.

Got the sponge, don't like it. Got mitts (boy, do I have mitts), but a bucket of soaked towels ready to roll is just so convenient (until laundry time lol).

pheerix
09-08-2016, 12:02 AM
I think these would be too thick and heavy when fully soaked for rinseless wash media but that's just my personal opinion. I use them for drying and spray sealant application. I think a certain Korean edgeless towel is perfect for rinseless wash media.

I want to try these. Not for wax removal, but to see how they would perform doing a GD rinseless.

If it's one thing that annoys me is dealing with folded towels come undone - having to stop & re-adjust. Really slow your flow. These look like they are the right size and thickness. Of course the downside is having to use many more than folded 16x16's.

Got the sponge, don't like it. Got mitts (boy, do I have mitts), but a bucket of soaked towels ready to roll is just so convenient (until laundry time lol).

TTQ B4U
09-08-2016, 05:20 AM
I've never had any of my microfiber towels leave behind lint or anything else.. And supposedly I use the cheap ones! Lol.

Ironically the cheap thin ones don't. It's the 480gsm Korean ones that are so so nice that will. Come to Ohio and I'll show you :) Key after the final wipe with detail spray is to then very very lightly wipe the surface to remove the "lint" I think lint sees color and is attracted to black.

BrutalNoodle
09-08-2016, 10:04 PM
I think these would be too thick and heavy when fully soaked for rinseless wash media but that's just my personal opinion. I use them for drying and spray sealant application. I think a certain Korean edgeless towel is perfect for rinseless wash media.

They do look proper for those duties - not having to deal with folded pieces flopping around.

Thank you for the input, it's definitely appreciated.

74 thing
09-08-2016, 11:46 PM
Wow, I used one of the smaller (2 pack) PMF drying towel and I was blown away. Best drying towel I ever used. One did the whole car and left no droplets.