PDA

View Full Version : Cquartz and Spray wax

nickj718
09-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Hey guys hoping you can clear something up for me on Cquartz ceramic coat and spray wax.

I just spent all day yesterday correction my black isf and applied quartz 110. I applied 2 coats and it turned out great. Am I able to use my Meguiars carnauba spray wax still after washes to make it pop, or do I have to use reload only?

Thanks guys

frankprozzoly
09-06-2016, 12:06 PM
I'm not a pro detailer so I only know what effects me. I use meguiars spray wax on dluxed plastic. Doesn't seem to effect it. I can't imagine it would effect anything on the paint. I can't imagine anything other than a harsh chemical or a harsh abrasive effecting a coating

zmcgovern45
09-06-2016, 12:49 PM
I use Meguiar's D156 as a drying aid on coated cars all the time... you're fine to use any quick detailer/spray wax/spray sealant on top of a coating... just know that depending on what product you use, you may temporarily mask some properties of the coating such as the ability to resist dirt.

nickj718
09-06-2016, 12:51 PM
perfect thats what I thought. Thanks guys

WillSports3
09-06-2016, 12:53 PM
Hey, not really a point in something like that after cquartz. After CQuartz there won't be a difference after washes since it's a coating. Just find a nice shampoo with no wax in it or a nice spray detailer that doesn't leave any wax on the surface and you'll be good to go. If you really really want to add a wax to it, I'd suggest Pinnacle Synergy as it's a wax with ceramics in it that makes you coated car look ridiculously wet but other than that, I don't think anything else should go on it. Reload is the best option for you because it really gives you the full benefits of a coating.

KS_Detailing
09-06-2016, 01:37 PM
Wash with reset and top with reload 👍🏻

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
09-06-2016, 01:41 PM
Hi, welcome to AutoGeekOnline!

IMO/IME, you will be best served by utilizing Reload/Hydro2 as maintenance/protection products for CQuartz.

zmcgovern45
09-06-2016, 01:51 PM
The OP asked if he had to use Reload... to that, the answer is no.

Products like Reload, 22ple VS1, GTechniq C2V3, etc are certainly the best choice for additional protection and gloss on top of a coating, but nearly any quick detailer, spray wax, or spray sealant is going to be just fine on top of a coating (it will not harm the coating).

Also, I have found that all of the coating toppers are no good as a drying aid. Not to mention they are not cost effective for weekly use. That is why I continue to recommend D156 (or your favorite quick detailer) while drying to add slickness and perhaps some short lived protection while, most importantly, providing some lubrication during the drying process. :dblthumb2:

nickj718
09-06-2016, 03:07 PM

Products like Reload, 22ple VS1, GTechniq C2V3, etc are certainly the best choice for additional protection and gloss on top of a coating, but nearly any quick detailer, spray wax, or spray sealant is going to be just fine on top of a coating (it will not harm the coating).

Also, I have found that all of the coating toppers are no good as a drying aid. Not to mention they are not cost effective for weekly use. That is why I continue to recommend D156 (or your favorite quick detailer) while drying to add slickness and perhaps some short lived protection while, most importantly, providing some lubrication during the drying process. :dblthumb2:

Perfect I use D156 on all my cars after a wash, thank you for the advice. Obviously Reload is the best choice but like you said for someone who washed their car often cost wise its a killer.

JeffM
09-06-2016, 04:17 PM
I stopped using the sio2 sprays after the first use of them. For the most part I use a polymer spray wax as a drying aid every time as it works better.

swexlin
09-06-2016, 06:13 PM
I have CQuartz on my Viper. I have found some things play nice, and some don't. That being said, Megs 34 QD seems to play nice, and yes, I use Reload on top of that. But this car rarely sees weather, so it doesn't get washed, just some QD or waterless. The more additives any QD on spray wax has, the less it seems to play nice. Perhaps it's just the way the CQ is on the Viper paint.

Also use Reload on my non-coated Ram, and it does a great job there too.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
09-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Reload is great for additional pop. If you're a traditional 2 bucket washer, Hydr02 is great as well!!

As for drying aid, I have found through testing and personal use that Ultima Waterless Wash + works amazing as a drying aid/"extra pop" on CQuartz Classic, CQuartz UK, and many other coatings. Plus, it fits an additional duty of touch ups.

TTQ B4U
09-07-2016, 07:33 PM

^^ this. I tried Reload and hated it. Waterspots after rain were horrible.

rlmccarty2000
09-07-2016, 09:22 PM
I'm not a Reload fan either. Some members are having better results with Geyon Cure. I tossed my Reload into the trash.