PDA

View Full Version : GG3 overheating

Jomax
09-06-2016, 11:22 AM
Anyone else have this issue? Polished a car yesterday and I used it to polish the front and rear bumpers. Then to apply a coat of wax. By the time I started to apply wax, the machine was HOT, almost too hot to grab at the head portion. All it did was polish the paint, no hard compound step.

I wonder if this passes for warranty work?

Hammer77
09-06-2016, 11:27 AM
Awhile back I used mine to wax my car, it got warm, but never to hot to handle. Hope this helps!

SANTA3013
09-06-2016, 03:59 PM
I use my 3" GG primarily for headlights. It does get quite warm but not too hot to handle. Have you considered contacting GG and see what they advise? They have great customer service and if there is a problem they will address it.

brettS4
09-06-2016, 04:15 PM
I'm on my second GG6. It, like the first, has that same issue. It destroys pads by the end of every session. I returned the first for replacement. Will probably need to return this one, as well. I've since switched back to my trusty (15 years) old PC and have absolutely no issues. I'm not as much of a Griots fan as I used to be.

Griots will replace it, no questions asked. But there's a good chance a new one will do the same.