PDA

View Full Version : New paint prep and Gyeon Mohs curing outdoors

Wolfslair
09-05-2016, 03:16 PM
I am planing on using Gyeon Mohs to coat my new 2016 Subaru Outback. I purchased Meg's 205 thinking it was a good polish for a total newbie to polish paint in great shape. Lately, it seems I have been reading how hard 205 can be to use. So, the first question is what should I use to polish the paint? The second question is can I safely leave my car outdoors to cure while waiting to apply the Gyeon cure? I read that 12-24 hours are needed and I do not have access to a garage. I must use the Gyeon product since it is already purchased and I cannot afford to purchase another coating.

ronkh57
09-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Can you start coating really, really early in the am? Moisture will hurt the cure process, this includes dew. So my thinking is if it bakes in the sun all day, it might help.

The Guz
09-05-2016, 03:43 PM
M205 is user friendly. Use it and you will be fine. Be sure to wipedown the paint a couple times to remove the oils from M205.

Wolfslair
09-05-2016, 03:45 PM
M205 is user friendly. Use it and you will be fine. Be sure to wipedown the paint a couple times to remove the oils from M205.

I made sure to get Gyeon Prep for that. Thanks for the confidence boost.

Mike lambert
09-05-2016, 04:53 PM
As Ron said, start early, let it cure in the sun. It will be fine after about 2 hours, hit it with the cure before you turn in to protect against moisture and wipe it off again with cure in the am. Good luck!