PDA

View Full Version : School me on WOWA

Mike Honcho
09-05-2016, 01:45 PM
I've been reading a bunch of stuff here about WOWA products. Do they replace 'nuba waxes and sealants? Pros and cons of WOWA's vs. waxes and sealants? What's your fav WOWA? Thanks!

Mantilgh
09-05-2016, 02:32 PM
Yes, but I really only use spray sealants and spray "waxes".

The ease of application of a quick detailer, with the protection of a sealant.

The protection may be lesser that a comparable WOWO sealant.?

Opti-Seal is great.

JeffM
09-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Only use as a drying aide personally.

pheerix
09-05-2016, 03:19 PM
When used as directed it's so easy. All you need as an applicator or two. Virtually no buffing needed just let it evaporate and wipe off the high spots. Works great for wheels too and again since no buffing needed you won't ruin any MF towels on wheels. Also works as a drying aid since it seems to repel the water as it spreads across the paint.

glfnaz
09-05-2016, 03:45 PM
If you use as a drying aid, how often do you use it that way?
Every wash?
Monthly?
I've been using Opti-Seal, but only on a dry car. However, and this may seem weird IDK, but I slightly dampen the microfiber applicator first. Not enough to wring out water drops, but a few spritz to make it damp. It just seems less grabby when applied that way.

AZpolisher15
09-05-2016, 04:17 PM
I don't know of any cons other than *maybe* WOWA sealants won't last as long as some traditional sealants. But I'd bet on them actually beating some brands of traditional sealants in the longevity game, as well. A characteristic that may be a con for some is the super-glossy-candy appearance. To be honest, they're great on light colors in my opinion for that reason alone. And it's not like it's exaggerated or anything on dark colors. Really, they look great on all paints I've tried it on (UPGP).

Application is by no means difficult, but it flashes so fast for me that it can be hard to tell where you've applied it. No fear. Just do a cross hatch. Or maybe a second coat to be sure. It takes so little product that you may not even notice the level drop in the bottle. Just a couple spritzes per panel.

As far as pros... IT'S SO QUICK AND EASY. And glossy. And doesn't stain trim. And it is really nice on cc'd wheels. And side/rear glass- super slick. Makes Windows easy to clean. Great beading. No buffing.

FUNX650
09-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Some of the more innovative
car-care products to ever come
down the pike.

For me: their application process
required a different mind-set.
('Don't buff the stuff'!)

As such:
WOWAs make for a great training-tool
for applying Coatings, IMO.

Dereksdtail
09-05-2016, 05:28 PM
G techniq C2v3 and recently have been playing around with meguiars paint protect. Both easy to use, c2v3 adds some nice gloss and I've seen 8-9 month durability

AZpolisher15
09-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Some of the more innovative
car-care products to ever come
down the pike.

For me: their application process
required a different mind-set.
('Don't buff the stuff'!)

As such:
WOWAs make for a great training-tool
for applying Coatings, IMO.

I have to constantly RE-mind myself of the different mindset as I'm applying. After that initial "swipe", it takes a certain degree of self-discipline to resist the temptation to "rub it in" and "rub it off".

TTQ B4U
09-05-2016, 06:10 PM
I've used Opti-seal and Blackfire Crystal Seal both with good success. Not sure about longevity but I can tell you that with having used it on windows it does great there and seems to really last. I had it on both cars recently until I stripped them both and used coatings.

I will probably still use the remainder of Opti-seal up over top of my coatings to help slick up the surface if I ever feel it needs it or I can resist.

BM1024
09-05-2016, 06:21 PM
I use Opti-Seal once per month as a drying aid. Not sure of actual longevity since all I do is rinseless wash, but it keeps the car nice and made for an easy monsoon season.

I also apply to glass, plastic (including lights), and trim monthly. Oh, and interior plastics, too. Figure I'd just follow their video recommendation for a bottle and see how it works.

BrutalNoodle
09-05-2016, 10:03 PM
I use Opti-Seal once per month as a drying aid. Not sure of actual longevity since all I do is rinseless wash, but it keeps the car nice and made for an easy monsoon season.

I also apply to glass, plastic (including lights), and trim monthly. Oh, and interior plastics, too. Figure I'd just follow their video recommendation for a bottle and see how it works.

Sounds like a solid regimen. I doubt you really need to do anything else aside from the occasional polishing, or simply out of boredom & trying new things.

I'm going to try this method with the Ultima line. Rinseless with UWW+, followed by Paint Guard Plus and see how it plays out. Checked around and didn't see this method or recommendation from anyone.

AZpolisher15
09-05-2016, 11:21 PM
Some good tips here re: UPGP
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/32572-q-session-best-way-s-apply-ultima-paint-guard-plus.html

And another good one:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/37826-ultima-paint-guard-plus.html

BrutalNoodle
09-05-2016, 11:29 PM
Thank you sir! :props:

Mike Honcho
09-06-2016, 07:56 AM
Yes! Thanks!