PDA

View Full Version : Maintaining my wax job

Komatsu
09-05-2016, 07:15 AM
This weekend coming I plan on using my souverans paste wax for the first time. From what I've read it doesn't last too long. Which is okay since I don't mind waxing the car every now and then. But my biggest concern is alot of people are saying it attracts dust like crazy? If so would a spary wax on top help keep the dust off? I usually never apply spary wax after I wax. Would it be possible that it will maybe dull my hard work and freshly waxed car? What would be the wait time on applying spary wax after the paste? Thanks to anyone that can help out.

GSKR
09-05-2016, 07:24 AM
I find the liquid soveran attracts dust.The paste I don't recall.maybe after your first wash apply hydro 2 or Gyeon wetcoat to prolong your protection..

boomdone
09-05-2016, 07:30 AM
I find the liquid soveran attracts dust.The paste I don't recall.maybe after your first wash apply hydro 2 or Gyeon wetcoat to prolong your protection..

Sealant over top of wax?

mwoolfso
09-05-2016, 07:34 AM
A well maintained vehicle will always amplify those first layers of dust simply because the surface is clean, shiny and glossy - especially dark colors. Compounding that effect would be waxes with carnauba which will attract dust and pollen. That said, weather plays a factor as well so the more wind you have in your area the more likely you will see accumulation.

All in all, your mileage will vary. Just know inside that your hard work is underneath and just a quick rinse of the hose, a QD or waterless wash brings back the perfection you created.

I have liquid souveran and for a few days after application nothing but pollen accumulates on the paint. It's a very cool effect. I don't get out of sorts simply because of the accumulation - I cannot control that.

boomdone
09-05-2016, 07:41 AM
To the OP, you might want to just go ahead and invest in a gallon of the Pinnacle Crystal Must Detail spray while the Labor Day sale is going on. It's a never ending battle and you'll just have to stay on top of it to maintain that freshly waxed look.

Octopiston
09-05-2016, 08:41 AM
Are you determined to use a wax? Is this a show car or one that gets driven regularly?

WillSports3
09-05-2016, 09:23 AM
If you go with souveran as the wax, getting some pinnacle waterless wash is a good investment. Let's you wash off dust easily and rejuvenates the wax layer.

dlc95
09-05-2016, 09:25 AM
I clean frequently, with either a quick detailer, waterless wash, rinselwss wash, or traditional wash depending on necessity.

I usually use M26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax paste as my final wax. It plays nice with Meguiar's M135 Synthetic Detailer, which adds some protection, and if the truck is't too dirty, works great at removing light dust and finger prints.

Unless it's a show car, I lay down a sealant first. Either M20, or M21 from Meguiar's

Komatsu
09-05-2016, 09:32 AM
Just a daily driver, I go for more of a shine in the summer. Once winter rolls around I'll be going with a wax that provides good protection and lasts longer.

FUNX650
09-05-2016, 09:50 AM
The Souveran Paste Wax will impart
its own certain characteristics to the
vehicle's paint.

Now:
If you decide those characteristics
of Souveran are what you want your
vehicle to wear for awhile then, IMO,
here are a couple of things you can
do to maintain them.

1.) Instead of using Detail Sprays/Waxes