PDA

View Full Version : Finish Kare 1000P Questions

Pages : [1] 2 3

klix58
09-04-2016, 12:59 PM
I have read many reviews on both the look and durability (Bob) and ask the following;
1) Have any of you applied with a DA? If so the method and pad choice.
2) For those who have compared, does it look as good on white as BF Midnight Sun or Fuzion?
Thanks to any and all.

vobro
09-04-2016, 01:21 PM
I've used it with a da and any finishing pad will work, the FK looks really good on light colors as its a high gloss product.

klix58
09-04-2016, 01:33 PM
I've used it with a da and any finishing pad will work, the FK looks really good on light colors as its a high gloss product.
Thanks does a 5" pad fit the can or?

vobro
09-04-2016, 01:59 PM
It's been awhile but I think I used 4" pad,pretty sure 5" won't fit. Just make sure to apply thin

GSKR
09-04-2016, 02:32 PM
Very nice product easy and easy off.I just used it on a focus yesterday for the first time with a griots 3 inch.for me I found it didn't spread easy with very little product on the pad.It was either to much or to little.I personally prefer the yellow circle foam applicators.Even tried the kiss method from Mike p and when I did that it dried in various spots so spreading was a bit harder to achieve with this product with a small da.Other than that nice product and it deos not stain on wiper arms and window trim rubber and mouldings.

TTQ B4U
09-04-2016, 05:25 PM
I have read many reviews on both the look and durability (Bob) and ask the following;
1) Have any of you applied with a DA? If so the method and pad choice.
2) For those who have compared, does it look as good on white as BF Midnight Sun or Fuzion?
Thanks to any and all.

Bob turned me onto it too. Works great. I use a plastic putty knife and pull out a little bit and spread it on my DA Pads. Just takes a very little bit too. Once you get the pad loaded and do say one panel like a hood, it' just takes a tiny bit more to go again. I usually set the tin out in the sun while I wash my car to heat it up so it spreads so much easier.

Can't comment on how it compares to the other cars but it looks great on white and has some outstanding water shedding ability. I bought it mainly for it's ability to withstand hot summer temps on my black car baking in the sun.

Here's short video of it shedding water on friends White S4.

https://youtu.be/Ba_oATm_jfQ

klix58
09-04-2016, 05:40 PM
Bob turned me onto it too. Works great. I use a plastic putty knife and pull out a little bit and spread it on my DA Pads. Just takes a very little bit too. Once you get the pad loaded and do say one panel like a hood, it' just takes a tiny bit more to go again. I usually set the tin out in the sun while I wash my car to heat it up so it spreads so much easier.

Can't comment on how it compares to the other cars but it looks great on white and has some outstanding water shedding ability. I bought it mainly for it's ability to withstand hot summer temps on my black car baking in the sun.

Here's short video of it shedding water on friends White S4.

https://youtu.be/Ba_oATm_jfQ

Excellent idea with regards to the putty knife. I'm in AZ so it should be easy to use this method. It looks like Bob has turned on a few people to this and thanks!

fly07sti
09-04-2016, 05:54 PM
I used this for the first time today as well. Easy on, easy off. If it's good enough for Bob's Z06 then it's good enough for me!

Cruzscarwash
09-04-2016, 07:07 PM
I melt and pour mine into deodorant tubes so I can just apply it directly to the pad

klix58
09-04-2016, 07:10 PM
I melt and pour mine into deodorant tubes so I can just apply it directly to the pad

Darn good idea, melt in what microwave?

BrutalNoodle
09-04-2016, 07:10 PM
i melt and pour mine into deodorant tubes so i can just apply it directly to the pad

Genius! :props:

FUNX650
09-04-2016, 07:12 PM
I have read many reviews on both the look
and durability (Bob) and ask the following;

1) Have any of you applied with a DA?
If so the method and pad choice.

I apply FK1000P using Griot's Garage 3"
Polisher (speed setting 3)...with the
RUPES 4" White Foam Finishing pads...
as depicted in the picture below:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=108619

(Cropped--->Photo--->Source):
The following Mike Phillips article:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/85163-how-create-high-gloss-finish.html

Note:
FK1000P tin's opening will easily
accommodate most 4" foam pads.

Bob

klix58
09-04-2016, 07:26 PM
Thanks Bob

FUNX650
09-04-2016, 08:34 PM
Thanks Bob
You're Welcome. And:
Thanks for your patience.

Bob

klix58: Member

Hmmm....Maricopa, Az.
That rings a bell.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=108621&size=1

Sheriff Joe Arpaio...
"America’s Toughest Sheriff"

LEDetailing
09-04-2016, 08:41 PM

As far as ingenuity goes, that might take the cake. That is a great idea. We need to see pictures of the FK 1000p in a deodorant tube. Probably would double as the world's strongest anti perspirant:)