PDA

View Full Version : McCullough 1275 Steam for Cloth Seats?

CC268
09-04-2016, 11:21 AM
What do you guys think of the McCullough 1275 for steaming cloth seats? A few questions:

1. What is the process for steaming? Spray Folex, and then steam away at the seat?
2. I am guessing the triangle shaped brush attachment is what you would use?

Eldorado2k
09-04-2016, 11:34 AM
IME Folex doesn't work well at all with a steamer. Works best as directed. Spray onto cloth seat/stain, rub with finger, blot/wipe up with a clean towel. That's the only way I've gotten the best results with Folex. Works ok when scrubed with a brush.. Works even better when scrubbed with a terry towel.. Doesn't work at all when used as a pre treatment with a steamer.

Just my 2 cents.

CC268
09-04-2016, 11:41 AM
Yea I wasn't as concerned about using Folex specifically..just wondering what the process is for using a steamer. Do I use the triangle attachement with a Microfiber cloth over it and just go over the seats?

Pats300zx
09-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Yea I wasn't as concerned about using Folex specifically..just wondering what the process is for using a steamer. Do I use the triangle attachement with a Microfiber cloth over it and just go over the seats?

That's exactly how I use my McCullogh steamer. I have a triangle brush attachment and place a MF towel over it. If the stains are bad I'll use a APC and then steam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CC268
09-04-2016, 01:42 PM
That's exactly how I use my McCullogh steamer. I have a triangle brush attachment and place a MF towel over it. If the stains are bad I'll use a APC and then steam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am tempted to buy one...