PDA

View Full Version : Air Dry or Towel Dry?

caudleej
09-04-2016, 10:53 AM
I have found that the majority of scratches come from drying the car which is why I have never been a fan of using a drying towel because even though the car has been washed there is still going to be that one piece of dust or dirt that is going to cause a nice surprise. I have been using my leaf blower for years and following up with my detailer or spray wax of choice with soft microfiber towel in one direction. I've had a few friends tell me I would save more time and be better off using a drying aid such as Ammo hydrate or CG after wash and skip the leaf blower. Although this method works for me, the leaf blower is loud, and it requires getting on a ladder the reach the top of the truck. Anyone using drying aids? How do they work and what kind/how many towels are you using.

GSKR
09-04-2016, 11:14 AM
Use some Gyeon wetcoat or hydro 2.Detail the paint prior and use any coating whether it's mckees,pa or uber or any of the coatings out there,you will just have to invest in a metro sidekick.Once coated you will never have to use a towel on the paint or waste money on a drying aid.