PDA

View Full Version : 3D Pink car wash soap

PA DETAILER
09-04-2016, 03:40 AM
3D Pink Car Soap 128 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/3d-pink-car-soap-refill.html)

Like the price point on this soap. Any input on it?

ducksfan
09-04-2016, 03:58 AM
I have read a lot of positive posts on it.

I have it. I've only used it once. It was in a foam gun and I think I made it too strong. It was more effort than it should have been to rinse off.

Eldorado2k
09-04-2016, 03:59 AM
I'm halfway through my 1st gallon of 3D Pink. My opinions are that it's a very basic soap. Doesn't smell particularly good [it's supposed to smell like bubble gum but doesn't quite hit the mark]. Suds are good, lubricity is good, as is cleaning ability. I switched to this from Megs Shampoo Plus because I wanted a soap that didn't have any gloss enhancers etc. but it doesn't rinse as clean as I had hoped..

If you're looking for something that foams up real good in a foam gun this is probably the best you'll find.
But for my personal needs, I'll be looking elsewhere once I'm done with this gallon. I'll probably try Carpro Reset, Rupes Shampoo, or maybe even give Megs Hyperwash another try.

Bunky
09-04-2016, 05:45 AM
Here is my review.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/91624-3d-pink-soap-review.html

irvsmith
09-04-2016, 11:24 AM
When I was starting on maintaining my two daily drivers I thought more foam was better and this soap met that requirement beautifully. Howeve in terms of cleaning/loosening sort I didn't find it all that great. Maybe I was using to high a concentration or not enough but I always felt I had to be a lot more careful after a foaming of that soap than the Meguiars Gold Glass soap. The Meguiars seem to really soften the dirt and it was almost ready to be rinsed off at the end.
Your mileage may vary.

GSKR
09-04-2016, 12:21 PM
Chemical guys soaps are nice.

Jeremy1976
09-04-2016, 01:50 PM
Megs. Hyper Wash!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Matt@Revive
09-04-2016, 03:59 PM
I'm almost finished with my first gallon of Pink Soap, it's not bad for the price. I prefer Shampoo Plus or Optimum Car Wash for maintenance washes. and reset or hyper wash for pre detail washes.

bryanviper
09-04-2016, 05:47 PM
I'm on my second big bottle and I really like it. I like it more then a Sonax soap I was using before. But overall its pretty good and price is great.

The Guz
09-04-2016, 05:50 PM
I'm halfway through my 1st gallon of 3D Pink. My opinions are that it's a very basic soap. Doesn't smell particularly good [it's supposed to smell like bubble gum but doesn't quite hit the mark]. Suds are good, lubricity is good, as is cleaning ability. I switched to this from Megs Shampoo Plus because I wanted a soap that didn't have any gloss enhancers etc. but it doesn't rinse as clean as I had hoped..

If you're looking for something that foams up real good in a foam gun this is probably the best you'll find.
But for my personal needs, I'll be looking elsewhere once I'm done with this gallon. I'll probably try Carpro Reset, Rupes Shampoo, or maybe even give Megs Hyperwash another try.

I recall you didn't like hyperwash and I recall your photo with the lack of suds. I will tell you that you won't like Rupes shampoo because it has that same feature. I have a review of it on the forum as do a couple others showing the same thing. Rest is good but it's going to be very similar in that department as well. Not as much as Rupes. I never had an issue with hyperwash.

Eldorado2k
09-04-2016, 06:10 PM
I recall you didn't like hyperwash and I recall your photo with the lack of suds. I will tell you that you won't like Rupes shampoo because it has that same feature. I have a review of it on the forum as do a couple others showing the same thing. Rest is good but it's going to be very similar in that department as well. Not as much as Rupes. I never had an issue with hyperwash.

I think I got a bad batch.

I tag teamed a couple vehicles with another detailer and he happened to supply the car wash soap.. It happened to be Hyper Wash. It performed normL, plenty of suds. Night and day to the stuff I got in my bottle. I'm certain my batch was old. I mean OLD.

VISITOR
09-04-2016, 09:29 PM
3d pink car soap is a no thrills/frills car wash that is good for maintenance washes and also works well in the foam gun/cannon (inexpensive as well), though i prefer duragloss cwc and hyper wash more...

Bunky
09-05-2016, 05:26 AM
I recall you didn't like hyperwash and I recall your photo with the lack of suds.
I moved from a house with a water softener to one without one (so far), Hyperwash foamed well with soft water but much less with moderately hard water. Some soaps were less affected like DDJ BTBM. The water can be a variable.