PDA

View Full Version : how do u guys gettape to stick to plastic trim?

Pages : [1] 2

fightnews
09-03-2016, 05:52 AM
i had to use duct tape yesterday and even that didnt really stick. i have trim restorer on there but its been washed scrubbed and i even wiped it down with degreaser and still nothing will stick to it

GSKR
09-03-2016, 06:13 AM
Maybe it's the quality of the tape or the residual from the apc.

GSKR
09-03-2016, 06:14 AM
Or warm up the surface with a hairdryer then apply.

vobro
09-03-2016, 06:29 AM
Also be careful with duct tape

dcjredline
09-03-2016, 07:27 AM
What trim restorer? Sounds like that product is doing what it should...its supposed to make the surface stay clean right?

fightnews
09-03-2016, 07:37 AM
What trim restorer? Sounds like that product is doing what it should...its supposed to make the surface stay clean right?

right now its megs back to black but i had armor all outlast, i also used wipenew on it a few months ago and it seems like nothings stuck since, i got good quality 3m tape and i also tried cleaning it with not only degreaser but ive also tried that megs heavy duty rubber plastic and vyinl cleaner that they sell in thier marine product collections. the tape just will not stick, i just bought some packing tape im going to try, like i said even the heavy duty duct tape wont stick to it really

fightnews
09-03-2016, 07:40 AM

i dont know about stay clean but it is supposed to clean restore and protect so ya, i guess protect means stay clean lol. its def doing that job. i gotta be honest the only thing that really worked to restore it was the wipenew i used a while ago, nothing was really doing the job before that its strong stuff

vobro
09-03-2016, 08:24 AM
Why not just apply tape to the paint just past the trim? You can/will get in trouble by applying heavy duty duct tape or packing tape to trim

Octopiston
09-03-2016, 09:04 AM
Could try cleaning with alcohol.

I'll guess you want to use a product and are wanting to protect the trim? Why not do a small test spot with it to see if it even stains?

rmagnus
09-03-2016, 10:13 AM
Why not just apply tape to the paint just past the trim? You can/will get in trouble by applying heavy duty duct tape or packing tape to trim

Smart man.

expdetailing
09-03-2016, 10:37 AM
if nothings sticking, then polish or wax won't stick well either.

oldmodman
09-03-2016, 02:10 PM
Could try cleaning with alcohol.

I'll guess you want to use a product and are wanting to protect the trim? Why not do a small test spot with it to see if it even stains?

This ^ A quick wipe with alcohol will remove the previously applied protectant and allow even the soft stick green tape to hold just fine.

Crispy
11-22-2016, 09:43 PM
Why are you using duct tape over trim.

Protection ?

Normally the less adhesive the better, so what is the plan?

Just02896
11-22-2016, 11:50 PM
right now its megs back to black but i had armor all outlast, i also used wipenew on it a few months ago and it seems like nothings stuck since, i got good quality 3m tape and i also tried cleaning it with not only degreaser but ive also tried that megs heavy duty rubber plastic and vyinl cleaner that they sell in thier marine product collections. the tape just will not stick, i just bought some packing tape im going to try, like i said even the heavy duty duct tape wont stick to it really

I can't believe you used the "A" word here! C'Mon man, there are families here! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Eldorado2k
11-23-2016, 12:01 AM
Megs Back to Black? Huh? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone