PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Hyper Dressing vs. All Season Dressing?

Pages : [1] 2

CC268
09-03-2016, 12:25 AM
Hey guys,

I want to pick up a product for detailing wheel wells, frame/undercarriage, and engine. Between the Hyper Dressing and All Season what would you guys recommend? I definitely don't want something that will cause browning over time.

Eldorado2k
09-03-2016, 12:52 AM
Hey guys,

I want to pick up a product for detailing wheel wells, frame/undercarriage, and engine. Between the Hyper Dressing and All Season what would you guys recommend? I definitely don't want something that will cause browning over time.

Neither will cause browning. From what I understand All Season Dressing is made to last longer. This dressing is RTU. I forgot exactly what it smells like but it smells good and strong. I think it's similar to grape.
All Season Dressing goes on looking like baby oil when it's 1st applied...

On the other side Hyper Dressing is dilutes up to 4:1. It has a shiny smooth black look once it sets. Smells like grape. It's water based so it doesn't last as long as ASD, but with the proper prep to the surface it can last quite impressive. [underrated longevity]. Can also be used on interiors [whereas ASD can't. At least I don't think it's for interiors]. Works great for wheel wells, tires, engines etc.

I've sampled ASD a few times. I buy Hyper Dressing.

VISITOR
09-03-2016, 01:10 AM
check out PERL, love this stuff.. i use it 1:1 on tires and 3:1 on wells/engine with excellent results...

Recommend dilution ratio:
External plastics - 1: 3 (1 quantity PERL : 3 quantity water).
Engine – 1:1~3
Tires - undiluted ~ 1:1
Interior rubber / dashboard / leather / vinyl – 1:5

PERL Coat Plastic & Rubber Protectant, rubber and vinyl dressing, interior protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/perl-coat-dressing.html)

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/autogeek/carpro-perl-coat-plastic-rubber-protectant-1-liter-4.gif

Hammer77
09-03-2016, 01:22 AM
Its funny you bring this up. I have been using All Season for months now, and a couple others. Over the last weeks I've used DP Tire Gel, Megs Hyper Dressing 1:1, and lastly Wolfgang Black diamond tire gel, I just applied for the first time tonight so can't speak long term on the product. Right now the Wolfgang is looking very nice. But for duration All Season is it. I always do a wash once a week, and I can always see it hanging around. Last week with Hyper, the first run, applied it on Friday, had some rain early in the week tire still looked decent and black but the shine was gone. But as Eldorado2k said its for tires, can't use it on the inside. If your looking for a neutral product go Hyper And I actually like the smell of ASD

GSKR
09-03-2016, 06:39 AM
Hyper is water based and season is solvent.Hyper is a very good product for the money,because it's so versatile.Last long on interiors.Hyper can be turned into a gel undiluted for tires.apply to tires and warm up the rubber with a hairdryer forms a instant bond.For tires I use griots tire and trim coating in a aerosol.Besides tuff shine which is somewhat semi permanent,there's a product that is sold in a retail store that will surpass tuff shine.I only use it on details,one application last 2 months even through rain for seven days straight,stuff is not coming off.

dcjredline
09-03-2016, 07:26 AM
When I read "between" I thought you needed a product that was in the middle of the 2. LOL. Yer asking which to use on the undercarriage. ALL SEASON DRESSING is hands down the one I would go to. Smells sorta like grape lasts really well

CC268
09-03-2016, 08:17 AM
So this kind of turned into a tire dressing thread...which was not really what I was asking...ultimately looking for something for the undercarriage and wheel wells...Hyper sounds nice as I know you can't literally just spray it on 4:1 and your done...not sure if this can also be done with All Season?

I used to use something called No Touch and would spray that on the wheel wells and undercarriage but it attracted dirt like crazy and caused browning over time...hence why I am iffy on any solvent or silicone based product.

Hammer77
09-03-2016, 09:30 AM
Sorry man, didn't mean to get off track. For the wells I would go with the Hyper. Had a few (too many) beers last night.

CC268
09-03-2016, 09:38 AM
Yea I think hyper is probably the way to go

Pats300zx
09-03-2016, 10:44 AM
ASD used to be my "go to" tire dressing. I have switched over to Hyper Dressing since it's much more versatile. Interiors, wheel wells, interiors just depend on the dilution.

For the price it's hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUNX650
09-03-2016, 11:04 AM
I want to pick up a product for
detailing wheel wells, frame
undercarriage, and engine.

I definitely don't want something
that will cause browning over time.
First time I've ever heard of "browning"
occurring to wheel wells, an engine, or
frame/undercarriage... {:dunno:}

that's usually a characteristic
reserved for tires...

And, then, even that "browning"
is not due to a "dressing".

Between the Hyper Dressing and All Season
what would you guys recommend?
Go with Hyper Dressing.

Bob

CC268
09-03-2016, 11:15 AM
First time I've ever heard of "browning"
occurring to wheel wells, an engine, or
frame/undercarriage... {:dunno:}

that's usually a characteristic
reserved for tires...

And, then, even that "browning"
is not due to a "dressing".

Go with Hyper Dressing.

Bob

Well...maybe I didn't articulate that very well. In the past when I used No Touch it attracted every bit of dust, dirt, etc...so it would turn the frame brown and it can be a real pain to ever get it fully clean again.

FUNX650
09-03-2016, 11:39 AM
In the past when I used No Touch it
attracted every bit of dust, dirt, etc...
so it would turn the frame brown
and it can be a real pain to ever get
it fully clean again.
The frame is that visible to bystanders?
Is this a dune buggy? A Rail-job?

:)

Bob

CC268
09-03-2016, 11:42 AM
The frame is that visible to bystanders?
Is this a dune buggy? A Rail-job?

:)

Bob

It is a truck - the bed frame is absolutely visible at the real wheels. This goes for any truck. Obviously the front wheels its not as big of a deal since the wheel well liner typically covers a lot of it.

Anyhow I ordered the big gallon of Hyper Dressing!

expdetailing
09-03-2016, 12:09 PM
Its funny you bring this up. I have been using All Season for months now, and a couple others. Over the last weeks I've used DP Tire Gel, Megs Hyper Dressing 1:1, and lastly Wolfgang Black diamond tire gel, I just applied for the first time tonight so can't speak long term on the product. Right now the Wolfgang is looking very nice. But for duration All Season is it. I always do a wash once a week, and I can always see it hanging around. Last week with Hyper, the first run, applied it on Friday, had some rain early in the week tire still looked decent and black but the shine was gone. But as Eldorado2k said its for tires, can't use it on the inside. If your looking for a neutral product go Hyper And I actually like the smell of ASD

I found that the Wolfgang tire dressing will make your tires a deeper black over the course of a few applications. It's easy to want to over-apply it because it's so thick, however, I think you'll be pleased with this one over your others if you keep using it.