PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating

natewood70
09-02-2016, 08:40 PM
Hey AGO!

I'm planning on taking the dive into trying a coating, and I have decided to go with Wolfgang Uber Ceramic.

Knowing that it can be applied to wheels and glass, how should these surfaces be prepped? The kit I'm ordering (Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating Complete Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-paint-coating-kit.html)) comes with the Perfekt Finish Paint Prep, but what should I use on the other surfaces? Should I just go with a strong glass cleaner like Invisible Glass on the windows, and APC with IPA wipedown after washing the wheels?

I just want to give this coating it's best change to adhere properly to all surfaces involved.

Thanks for any advice you have, I really do appreciate anyones time responding to this!

-Nate

Mike@ShineStruck
09-02-2016, 08:49 PM
Just use the perfeck it or maybe just IPA

Marc08EX
09-02-2016, 08:49 PM
The Perfekt Finish Paint Prep will work just fine on any surface. No need to look for other products like APC or IPA. The Perfekt Finish Paint Prep is made to prep the surface for the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating to bond.

Hammer77
09-02-2016, 08:50 PM
First and foremost I have limited knowledge with coatings. I have Wolfgang Uber Coating on my paint, your in for a treat. I did that in July, in April I put PBL Glass, and PBL Wheel coatings on. For my glass I cleaned it, clayed, polished with Wolfgang Glass polish, cleaned it again and applied the coating. For the wheels, cleaned, polished by hand, wipe down then coated. Everything still looks great. I sure someone more experienced will come along, hope this helps.

natewood70
09-02-2016, 08:53 PM
Just use the perfect it or maybe just IPA

I think I'll stick with Perfekt for the peace of mind in using products from the same line to maintain synergy.

The Perfekt Finish Paint Prep will work just fine on any surface. No need to look for other products like APC or IPA. The Perfekt Finish Paint Prep is made to prep the surface for the Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating to bond.

That's good to know. I couldn't find any documentation showing that it'll work just fine on glass (No streaking, hazing, etc...) so I was just a little concerned.

My wife and I just bought a new car for her, so I figured it's the perfect candidate for this. Plus it'll be nice to have some time to clean my car again because the for the past 6 weeks every weekend near me has been filled with rain. Having the peace of mind to know a strong coating is on to help out last the time between washes due to the elements is going to be awesome.

Hammer77
09-02-2016, 08:54 PM
They showed up while I was typing! LOL

natewood70
09-02-2016, 08:56 PM
First and foremost I have limited knowledge with coatings. I have Wolfgang Uber Coating on my paint, your in for a treat. I did that in July, in April I put PBL Glass, and PBL Wheel coatings on. For my glass I cleaned it, clayed, polished with Wolfgang Glass polish, cleaned it again and applied the coating. For the wheels, cleaned, polished by hand, wipe down then coated. Everything still looks great. I sure someone more experienced will come along, hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, Hammer.

I was really debating between the spray and wipe type vs syringe, and it seems those that are distributed from a syringe have a longer estimated durability than the spray and wipe.

I was looking at PA Viking, but it's sold out on Autopia so that only pushed me more in the direction of the Uber Ceramic.

What color is your 200S?

Hammer77
09-02-2016, 09:02 PM
Velvet Red Pearl

Hammer77
09-02-2016, 09:05 PM
I like trying different things I got

Wolfgang Uber coating on paint
PBL Wheel and Glass coatings
WETS on the trim
In the morning putting Gyeon Trim on the lights

natewood70
09-02-2016, 09:13 PM
I like trying different things I got

Wolfgang Uber coating on paint
PBL Wheel and Glass coatings
WETS on the trim
In the morning putting Gyeon Trim on the lights

I hear that... I've got a 6 way LSP test going on right now, but with the weather lately I haven't been able to update like I should... I can't wait to try Uber on my wifes new car, and then I'll have to take the dive and put it on mine!

Hammer77
09-02-2016, 09:21 PM
What did the Mrs. get? I can see your sporting a 300, very nice!

natewood70
09-02-2016, 09:30 PM
What did the Mrs. get? I can see your sporting a 300, very nice!

2016 Nissan Murano - Pearl White Paint.

That white paint on Nissan's is really impressive to me lately. Nice flake, and depth to the panels. Should be picking it up either Monday or Tuesday!