PDA

View Full Version : Is this coating no good?

Pages : [1] 2

choijw2
09-02-2016, 05:37 PM
Unopened bottle

The Guz
09-02-2016, 05:47 PM
Pop it open. Does it look crystalized through the bottle?

choijw2
09-02-2016, 05:49 PM
Pop it open. Does it look crystalized through the bottle?

dont want to open it till im ready to use this since its brand new

but though the bottle, it seems like fine liquid with no... gel-ed up sign

fly07sti
09-02-2016, 06:17 PM
I have received bottles that were out of date in the past and they all appeared to be totally fine. No gelling or crystalizing. Figured what the heck, let's see what happens. Tried two different bottles and it layed down fine, but removal was a nightmare. My advice is to try on a very small section first.

WillSports3
09-02-2016, 06:19 PM
Smaller sections and try to use a bit more than you normally would, basically wipe on wipe off anyway. Use more towels for removal, I did the same thing to a bottle of mine.

swanicyouth
09-02-2016, 06:29 PM
^ I think that is the date it was put into stock or made - not the date it expires.

I don't think these products have an official expiration date.

To the best of my knowledge, if it was stored correctly and unopened - it is good for a very long time (years). That is why these type of coatings come in airtight packages.

Eldorado2k
09-02-2016, 06:37 PM
Well it clearly states:
Produced-27 04 2015
Expires- 26 04 2016

1 would take the label at its word. If that's the case then yea it's no good.. But maybe Carpro meant once it's been opened. Only way to find out for sure is by calling Carpro customer service. Call em.

WillSports3
09-02-2016, 06:50 PM
I remember a thread asking about this exact situation and I believe Avi stated it'll last longer than the official expiration date but they had to out a year on for export and manufacturing regulations

kevincwelch
09-02-2016, 07:16 PM
Probably the latest date by which CarPro would guarantee that the product, when used according to specifications, would perform as advertised.

It probably still works fine, but there may be more crystal deposits or it may not apply the same or last as long.

Best to try in a small inconspicuous section first and see how it goes.

Sent via my mobile device...

fly07sti
09-02-2016, 08:40 PM
FWIW, the bottles I had were about the same amount of time past there expiration dates as the OP. About 4-5 months. When I applied, it went on as smooth as always, but removal was like trying to remove spray adhesive from the paint. Think BFCC but worse!

Mike@ShineStruck
09-02-2016, 08:47 PM
Experations don't mean crap
In my one old job if it was expired we re inked it another 3 years and sometime anotjer 3years after that lol

These were pills and vitamins though

custmsprty
09-02-2016, 08:51 PM
The question is when did you buy it and receive it? If it was purchased after the expiration date then request a return. If not then give it a whirl as you own it.

choijw2
09-02-2016, 09:01 PM
The question is when did you buy it and receive it? If it was purchased after the expiration date then request a return. If not then give it a whirl as you own it.

Bought it off friend who totaled his car before he coated it
among with other carpro stuffs that he bought with.

Hmmm funny thing is all other carpro stuff, reload, eraser, iron x etc etc they are all 2017 exp date..... he might've gotten expired product.

I guess I will check with him.

Paul A.
09-02-2016, 09:18 PM
I would think the expiration date is based on opening the bottle at least a few times as you can get more than one application out of that bottle size. I would certainly guess it will be just fine if it hasn't even been opened yet. I like the idea of calling Car Pro too. I have called several manufacturers over the years and gotten info straight from them.

Let us know either what you find out or your experience using that bottle.

Eldorado2k
09-07-2016, 10:07 AM
@choijw2. So what'd they say?