PDA

View Full Version : Some of you guys who are charging so little, how do you guys do it?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Maestro Sam
09-02-2016, 04:54 PM
Like this title said, how do you guys do a full interior and exterior, which includes wash, clay bar, and wax in 3 hours? I have this competitor (can I post his business) who does this and charges only $90 bucks. He has 5/5 star reviews on yelp by 5 reviewers. When I do a full interior or exterior, it can take anywhere from 6 hours to 8 hours with a partner. What's going on here lol!

02special
09-02-2016, 05:22 PM
The pros will chime in here, (and I'm not one of them) but the keep it simple Simon method Is a quick answer. know your skills, tools, products and how to keep your client happy and you will be fast make a car beautiful and make money! As enthusiast I can spend 6 or 7 hours with my car and It will NOT have any of the pro's results. But I love doing it.

Good post and I am looking forward to hearing the pro's answers too.

shadwell
09-02-2016, 05:28 PM
Don't discount the possibility that all the ratings are mates or family....
And in 3 hours they are likely getting it to 80%, depends on the starting point of course.

Maestro Sam
09-02-2016, 05:37 PM
Don't discount the possibility that all the ratings are mates or family....
And in 3 hours they are likely getting it to 80%, depends on the starting point of course.

Could be but 80 percent under 3 hours for full interior and exterior? That is amazing lol. The reviews seem legit with pictures.

Eldorado2k
09-02-2016, 05:43 PM

Not to mention it's that last 20% that takes the longest time/effort.
i.e. someone can do a quik vacuum and be done with it fairly quik, but if you really go all out and get every nook and cranny, meaning under the seats where it's never been done and in between the seat cushions, seats, everywhere and a proper job can take an hour if the vehicle is halfway trashed when you start on it.

I did a customers PT Cruiser for the 1st time today and it looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in well over a year.. It took me nearly an hour to finish the interior and it wasn't even a "detail" [meaning I didn't scrub any carpets or seats] But I vacuumed that thing as good as possible. When I was done I made sure she came out and walked her through, opening every door so she could see there wasn't a grain of sand or dust to be found inside.

She said the magic words "wow it looks like brand new" and I got paid:)

I'm still working on ways to get faster... But I'm not so sure that same job gets done in a quikie.

Octopiston
09-02-2016, 05:47 PM
Wash with a clay mitt and a not too dirty interior where all you really need to do is a vacuum, quick wipe and coat....I could see it done.
Now if you get something like the last 2 interiors like I've done where there are multiple stains to scrub in carpet, food crumbs in all crevices, traces of snack food under seats, or thick dog hair in seat and carpet. The interiors alone took me 3 hours.

Eldorado2k
09-02-2016, 05:54 PM
On a vehicle you have on a maintenance schedule I can see it being possible. For example, lets say you show up maybe once a month to wash it, and every 3rd month it gets a complete detail, then ok, because it's more of a maintenance than an overhaul.

Maestro Sam
09-02-2016, 06:02 PM
I called this guy asking him to quote me for a dirty Acura RDX for interior and exterior and without hesitation, he told me it will take 3 hours for $90 dollars. Here is a picture of his work .51979

Eldorado2k
09-02-2016, 06:29 PM
I called this guy asking him to quote me for a dirty Acura RDX for interior and exterior and without hesitation, he told me it will take 3 hours for $90 dollars. Here is a picture of his work .51979

Lol. That dude's a Boss!

Maestro Sam
09-02-2016, 06:33 PM
Lol. That dude's a Boss!

LOL. Dude probably has 6 people working on one car at the same time or he has 4 pairs of arms. The hell is going on lol im so confused.

CC268
09-02-2016, 06:35 PM
Dam I need to hire that guy.

Heard he does 2 step correction and paint coating for $100 :buffing:

Fast Eddie
09-02-2016, 06:36 PM
LOL. Dude probably has 6 people working on one car at the same time or he has 4 pairs of arms. The hell is going on lol im so confused.

I'm going with 4 sets of arms, I just looked at his yelp profile and it just shows him and another guy, not sure which one is the owner Matt though. Photos of his work look good and at that rate if he live where I am he would be booked up a year in advance.

GSKR
09-02-2016, 10:11 PM
Like this title said, how do you guys do a full interior and exterior, which includes wash, clay bar, and wax in 3 hours? I have this competitor (can I post his business) who does this and charges only $90 bucks. He has 5/5 star reviews on yelp by 5 reviewers. When I do a full interior or exterior, it can take anywhere from 6 hours to 8 hours with a partner. What's going on here lol!It all boils down to the customer expectations for 90.00.you would be amazed with 2'skilled detailers working on one car on how many you can do in one day.for90.00 your profit margin is small.Its all about the overhead and how you live.my friend and I would double team a car and do 10 pdi preps and 2 used car details,we would pump out tops 12 cars a day from 8 to 5 with no breaks.Now that I'm a one man operation I could not survive at 90.00 a car.with this economy you have to do what ever it takes to get metal in your shop.He is probably surving on volume.Even so it's still a small profit at the end of the week.People want a clean shiny car cheap and now.

dcjredline
09-02-2016, 10:21 PM
I say stop worrying about what that guy does. Worry about what the guy in the mirror does. You will waste alot of time worrying about others. Give everyone an honest deal and honest work. Doesnt matter what he is doing really.

BigPoppa
09-03-2016, 12:39 AM
1) Get customers at whatever rate the market will bear

2) Pay that guy $90 to detail cars

3) Profit

EZ Game