PDA

View Full Version : how to remove fresh wax?

alfierenadhie
09-02-2016, 10:41 AM
i want to do a wax review, so i need something to remove it fast, is apc good for removing it? i don't want to use IPA, to risky for me.

so i apply wax at night
do the review in the morning, then remove it asap.

suggestion?

choijw2
09-02-2016, 10:47 AM
Polish/ pre-wax cleaner.

TTQ B4U
09-02-2016, 10:48 AM
Polish/ pre-wax cleaner.

^^ this.

Coating Prep Polish, clear coat polish, best car polish (http://www.autogeek.net/coating-prep-polish.html)

should work well for you.

alfierenadhie
09-02-2016, 11:04 AM
^^ this.

Coating Prep Polish, clear coat polish, best car polish (http://www.autogeek.net/coating-prep-polish.html)

should work well for you.

Polish/ pre-wax cleaner.

please don't polish or wax cleaner, because they have oil in it, they might deepens the paint or whatever. i want the review to be fair.
so it's only between the paint and the wax..

in other threads, i only see people using apc to remove old wax.. but this is fresh wax.. can it remove the fresh wax?
if it can, what dilution ratio i have to use?

sorry if my english is bad, im indonesian. :)

BMW435
09-02-2016, 11:23 AM
please don't polish or wax cleaner, because they have oil in it, they might deepens the paint or whatever. i want the review to be fair.
so it's only between the paint and the wax..

in other threads, i only see people using apc to remove old wax.. but this is fresh wax.. can it remove the fresh wax?
if it can, what dilution ratio i have to use?

sorry if my english is bad, im indonesian. :)

After polishing, just use an IPA to remove any oil left

choijw2
09-02-2016, 11:25 AM
well I had same idea as you do, but I learned that polish oil does not interfere with wax to bond.

Also if you're worried about polish oil, you can use IPA mix or carpro eraser, gtechniq panel wipe etc to remove polish oil.
but I wouldn't use them as stand alone wax remover, because it wont remove 100% imo

TTQ B4U
09-02-2016, 11:26 AM
please don't polish or wax cleaner, because they have oil in it,

McKee's Coating Prep Polish does not. It's actually made to do exactly what the OP'er is looking to do as it's a prep product for coatings.

choijw2
09-02-2016, 11:28 AM
McKee's Coating Prep Polish does not. It's actually made to do exactly what the OP'er is looking to do as it's a prep product for coatings.

+1 for this.

I love mckee's coating prep, it deep cleans/ remove old LSP and leave squicky clean surface without any oily residue.
Thats what I use for coating prep and wax remover.

alfierenadhie
09-02-2016, 11:34 AM

+1 for this.

I love mckee's coating prep, it deep cleans/ remove old LSP and leave squicky clean surface without any oily residue.
Thats what I use for coating prep and wax remover.

oh, i didn't know that..

thanks guys for the help
really appreciate it :)