PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

Fanged03
10-30-2007, 09:07 PM
I am currently using my PC to detail my 03 mustang and was using LC orange with xmt3 and it didn't get everything out of the paint that I wanted it to. So I went to a LC yellow and pinnacle advance swirl remover, knowing that it was a cutting pad it dulled the paint some and created little swirl marks. Well went I got done with the whole car I went to use xmt3 with the orange pad and it only removes a very little bit of the small swirls but shines it up some, I then tried Pinnacle advanced swirl remover and it removed most of the small swirl. After that I used a white pad with pinn adv. finishing polish and it removes very little of the swirl but shines it real nice. Then I do All in one and the sealant. But I completed a portion of the door and at the end I still have some of the small swirls. My guess is I need something between the xmt 3 and finishing polish but those are all the products I have. Help me out guys, thanks.

Brent

budman3
10-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Well IMO you should never use anything more than an orange light cut pad with a PC or UDM. Why? Because it'll create more of a mess than what it's worth, as you can attest to. It is a common misconception that you need to remove all swirls, when that is ridiculous. It is impossible to have a perfect finish and trying to get one will result in frustration and troubles. Cutting pads are not meant to be used with the PC! Do you have any polishing pads? Try working with that... even with the light cut pad you are probably inducing marring making it seem like you aren't doing anything. Take a polishing pad and XMT3 to see if you can get better results... and then follow with the Finishing polish with a polishing or finishing pad. Make sure you are using the polish properly as well ... work it in , use the ample amount of product, keep the pad clean, proper speed, etc.

richy
10-30-2007, 09:16 PM
RO's are not perfect for corrections...having said that, run it at 6 to get the max benefit from it. I prefer Menz products..do it once, perfect results.

Fanged03
10-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Ya I sure can attest to that haha. Atleast I know its not ruined. The white pad with xmt3 gets most of it out but like earlier there is still a small amount of the marring leftover. Its a little disappointing when you look at all these other pics where the paint is so clear of imperfections and smooth looking. I think I will need to order more product just to finish this project, I found that i kind of have to use alot of the xmt3 with the white pad otherwise it dries up right away. Should I get xmt 2 and 1, you think that would reduce the marring to an almost nothing? What these yellow pads good for now? Thanks guys for the quick replys, very much appreciated. Oh, I'm not really able to see a difference in finish with speeds what should I look for?

Brent