PDA

View Full Version : WOWA vs Sealant/Wax Combo

AMarkham40
09-01-2016, 11:55 AM
I've been using the same routine for years & was thinking about changing it up. Every six months I do the usual routine (wash, clay, light polish) then I apply a layer of Four Star UPP then a layer of Collinite 845 the next day. In between I maintain my vehicles with OCW. I'm not ready for the coating game yet but was looking into the WOWA sealants (Opti-Seal, UPGP, Blackfire CS & Prima Hydro Spray Max). Would any of these products take the place of the UPP/845 combo I have been using in terms of longevity & overall protection? Thanks for any help!

Setec Astronomy
09-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Although I'd say UPP/845 would definitely be more durable than a WOWA sealant, what's keeping your LSP up is the OCW. So if you're applying the OCW at least once a month I'd say you'll be fine with a WOWA.

pheerix
09-01-2016, 12:05 PM
You can use a WOWA as a drying aid

yg1829
09-01-2016, 02:17 PM
On my truck I have 2 coats of Opti-seal and I use Opti-seal as a drying aid. Works great!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AMarkham40
09-03-2016, 03:01 PM
Thanks guys. I may just keep my usual routine.

Setec Astronomy
09-03-2016, 10:15 PM
How often do you OCW? If you are doing it once a month or once every six weeks, you may not need any other LSP.

AMarkham40
09-04-2016, 09:38 AM
How often do you OCW? If you are doing it once a month or once every six weeks, you may not need any other LSP.

I actually do it every wash (overkill I'm sure) which is about every two to three weeks depending on my free time.

AZpolisher15
09-04-2016, 09:45 PM
I just started using Ultima Paint Guard Plus. I've been using "traditional" sealants for years, but just for kix I decided to try the UPGP. The thing about it is... It's just so easy and quick to apply. So, longevity sort of becomes a non-issue. Literally 7 minutes tops to apply to my truck-- and it's even easier than washing a window. Super glossy, slick, awesome beading. Great on glass (except windshield). Makes glass crazy slick, but my wipers chatter. All good on the rest of the glass and trim. I've become a fast fan. Along with an OCW maintenance routine, you'd be set. One bottle of UPGP will last many many many applications.

It's been about a month since my first application, with nothing on top, plus 3 washes and some rains... Looks and responds like I put it on yesterday.

glfnaz
09-04-2016, 10:10 PM
I've been doing the same thing recently, except I'm using Opti-Seal. 10 minutes to apply. I've got OCW and I really like it, But it's finicky here in AZ when we have 4 months of temps above 100*. Not sure what I'm going to use when it cools off a bit next month. OCW is a bit deeper and a rich look. O-S is like a candy apple look and probably has a better shine on my white care.

AMarkham40
09-06-2016, 02:15 PM
Ordered a bottle of Opti-Seal yesterday! Will give it a go this fall!