PDA

View Full Version : Lexus ES350 AIO detail

NotoriouswithaG
08-31-2016, 07:26 PM
Just thought I would throw up some pictures of a detail I did on a friends/client's car last month. The paint wasn't in terrible shape, but there was a ton of pollen and tree debris from parking it under a tree in his driveway. It has seen multiple auto car washes(there were alot of scratches, albeit not deep) and the clear bra on the front/door edges was starting to turn yellow.

Interior was in great shape, just needed some leather conditioning and vacuum/wipe down

Products used were nothing special but got the job done and client was more than pleased. The job was split over a two day span with 4-5 hours over both days

-Griots Garage Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner(my ultimate go to)
-Chemical Guys Honeydew snowfoam
-Meguiars QD+smooth surface clay
-Meguiars Ultimate polish
-Harbor freight chicago electric DA polisher+pads(pads client supplied, not my choice)
-Chemical Guys Butter wet Wax

Started off with foam cannon wash to remove surface contaminants using Chemical Guys Honeydew snowfoam(I know how people feel about CG here, but I like it). Also used a two bucket method w/ microfiber wash mitt. The pictures might come up out of order so I apologize. Im still getting used to uploading through here.

BrutalNoodle
08-31-2016, 07:38 PM
Looking sharp.

CG has some good products. Their soaps aren't bad at all, and their synthetic detailer gets a thumb up from me. The only thing on your list that I'm not too thrill about is the Butter Wet Wax. I still have a pretty much full bottle going 3 yrs old. lol

What did you dressed the tires with?

NotoriouswithaG
08-31-2016, 08:02 PM
Looking sharp.

CG has some good products. Their soaps aren't bad at all, and their synthetic detailer gets a thumb up from me. The only thing on your list that I'm not too thrill about is the Butter Wet Wax. I still have a pretty much full bottle going 3 yrs old. lol

What did you dressed the tires with?

I'm a fan of some CG products, their butter wet wax, and honeydew snowfoam being the main two. I am always looking for new alternatives to try and may place another order tomorrow for some wax lol.(just placed one today)

I used Griots Garage Black shine tire spray as I ran out of the bottle of Long Lasting Tire Dressing. I did two light coats per tire, let penetrate for 1-2 minutes and wiped with tire applicator pad

GSKR
08-31-2016, 08:45 PM
Very nice

briarpatch
08-31-2016, 09:01 PM
Butter Wet Wax is one of the easiest on/easiest off waxes I've ever used. Nice wet shine, but the longevity may not be the best. For tire dressing, get yourself some Chemical Guys VRP. Water-based...easy to regulate the shine. Nice work on that Lexus.

NotoriouswithaG
08-31-2016, 09:08 PM
Butter Wet Wax is one of the easiest on/easiest off waxes I've ever used. Nice wet shine, but the longevity may not be the best. For tire dressing, get yourself some Chemical Guys VRP. Water-based...easy to regulate the shine. Nice work on that Lexus.

Thanks, I told him to come back and see me before winter so I can seal the paint. Been looking into a tire coating with good longetivity and will look into that!

I like the Butterwet wax for the ease of application, although I do know it wont last very long, but I let him know that