PDA

View Full Version : Quarz Gel with Yellow Polishing Pad?

MTCarNut
08-31-2016, 09:34 AM
I've been obsessively caring for my vehicles since I bought my PC buffer from Griot's about 20 years ago. Still have that same buffer and still use it today. I decided to step up my game big time and go all-in on the Rupes system. I ordered a Bigfoot 21 Mark II and Bigfoot Mini along with a bunch of Yellow and White pads for both machines from AG. Got the Keramic and Ultra Fine Diamond polish as well. I decided not to get the Quarz gel and green pads fearing it might be too aggressive since the paint on my vehicles is in very good condition with only light swirls and toweling marks. I also didn't want to spend more $$$ on pads and product I may not need or use. Now I'm second guessing myself.

Has anyone used the Quarz Gel on the yellow polishing pads? Were you satisfied with the results? I'm thinking if the Keramic doesn't have enough correcting power I could try the Quarz gel on the yellow pads. I pm'ed Dylan about this and he said to try it since the worst that could happen is that it doesn't have enough correcting ability.

Zubair
08-31-2016, 09:42 AM
Yes you can, it finishes really well too on the yellow pad.

MTCarNut
08-31-2016, 11:03 AM
Yes you can, it finishes really well too on the yellow pad.

Thank you, that's good to hear.

dlc95
09-10-2016, 06:30 PM
Maybe also give the yellow microfiber pad a try. I've done a few one step polishing with that combo, and it cleans up the paint very nicely, and leaves a beautiful finish.