PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Stoners More Shine

TTQ B4U
08-30-2016, 08:59 AM
Neighbor asked me the other day what I use on my tires and while I have used just about everything, the one that has been on my favorite list lately is Stoner's More Shine (http://www.autogeek.net/stoner-more-shine-tire-finish-spray.html). IMO the details are as follows:

Pros:
Satin Finish. I have grown out of the glossy look and really like the classy satin black finish
Goes on so easy - spray into an older Microfiber applicator pad and wipe on. Thin and clear and easy to wipe off if I slip and hit a wheel
No sling. Soaks right in and stays put. Others, especially Endurance Gel seam to sling and really "dust up" or coat my wheels. Stoner's does not

Cons:
Wish it lasted through a rain storm or washing better. I suppose it's okay as it goes on so easy that it's not really a time waste but I would like for my tires to look good even if I hit a little rain

That's really about the only drawback I see is its longevity through less than perfect weather.

What are your thoughts? Open to any and all suggestions if there's others worth looking at.

parshooter
08-30-2016, 09:10 AM
I recently started using Megs Hyper Dressing. I like it cause you can dilute it to you desired shineness. It is water based, so it doesn't last long in the rain. They say it can be used on trim and rubber also.

FUNX650
08-30-2016, 10:09 AM
Out of the numerous products for rubber,
vinyl/plastic(s), and other trim surfaces
that Stoner has offered over the years...
I always preferred to use their:
"More Shine Less Time" on tires.

Optimum Opti-Bond; and Meguiar's M39
and M40; are amongst the very few tire
"dressings" I now use.

Bob

LEDetailing
08-30-2016, 10:48 AM
I used Stoners More Shine Less Time when detailing cars at my father's car lot. Easy to use and looked very good. I should order some up again. It has been 10 years since I've used any.

pheerix
08-30-2016, 11:30 AM
I used to use it routinely. Like it a lot and agree with everything you've said about it. I don't dress my tires anymore.

GSKR
08-30-2016, 12:41 PM
Griots tire coating is pretty nice.Then use a tire applicator with some endurance for final wipe.for 9.00 you get a big can.

GSKR
08-30-2016, 12:42 PM
Mckees is also a very nice product as well.