PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Carpro Hydro after a final polish with Essence?

74 thing
08-29-2016, 02:49 PM
Anyone use Carpro Hydro after a final polish with Essence?

I am nearly out of any coating product and thought it may be better to stay within the product line instead of putting a sealant on top of it.

If you have used this 1/2 what was the outcome on length of time for protection. This car is garaged, but is a daily driver used for local driving.

Thanks

Mantilgh
08-29-2016, 04:16 PM
I don't know personally, but here's what it says on CarPros Essence page.

- What about Essence topped with CarPro Hydro2? Or Hydrofoam?!

Yes, in this case I would advise that you wait until the vehicles next visit or anytime after 5 days to apply Hydro2 or wash with Hydrofoam. In my experience using Essence and then maintaining with CarPro Hydrofoam = Magic

klix58
08-29-2016, 04:35 PM
I would think it would be great as I found using Hydro on my PA Viking coated car is amazing

GSKR
08-29-2016, 07:14 PM
As well as Gyeon.

WillSports3
08-29-2016, 09:34 PM
After a final polish with Essence, you could pretty much leave it alone as I believe Essence itself provides about 6 months of protection as is.

vobro
08-29-2016, 10:56 PM
After a final polish with Essence, you could pretty much leave it alone as I believe Essence itself provides about 6 months of protection as is.
Yes you can but the self rinsing/cleaning is much better with Hydro2 or Reload. I've used Hydro2 on Essence and yes it does work well, another great quick one- two punch is washing with HydroFoam. For the amount of time spent they both perform pretty good with Essence. Although Essence isn't a miracle product it sure is great at taking care of light marring or just amping up the gloss, pair that with either Hydro and you get pretty respectable results in looks,ease of use,protection and time savings

74 thing
08-30-2016, 01:31 AM
Corey from Carpro was nice enough to get back to me and this is the info he provided so I thought I would pass it along (and thanks for the responses above)... you can use Essence and then coat with Hydro2 but I would wait as long as possible between the two. Protection will last 18 months or more but beading will deteriorate as the Hydro2 wears off. IF you apply the Hydro2 too soon then it could get more complicated. Preferably you would wait a day or 3 before using Hydro2 on it.

BTLew81
08-30-2016, 03:07 PM
Any wait on reload?

WillSports3
08-30-2016, 03:13 PM
That makes sense. Seems like you can just use hydro2 after a week or so on the safe side and then just wash with hydrofoam to keep it nice and slick.