PDA

View Full Version : Best Spray Wax/Sealant

ArnoldLayne
08-29-2016, 02:05 AM
So I am sure this question has gone around a few times before but given all the new products available now...

What is the best spray wax?

I am looking for three main factors (I'll leave the price out of it so we can find the best spray wax regardless of that factor)

1)Durability/Longevity
2) Ease of application & Least finicky to stuff like temperature etc
3) Best results in terms of appearance and performance

I currently use Meguiar's UQW & Optimum Spray Wax as my go to spray waxes.

I like the Megs UQW for its versatility and ability to be applied in all conditions. Negatives being it does not last that long (Maybe 2 weeks+)
I like Optimum Car Wax for the finish and longevity. Negatives being it is not quite versatile to apply and heat sensitive.

I am always looking for that next best thing if there is one available. So lets hear your picks.

emmjay
08-29-2016, 02:26 AM
I use D156 (UQW) as I have found it to be the best.

The new fuzion spray wax looks promising in the fact that it actually hazes and stuff like a proper wax, resulting in a longer lasting spray wax. Price is definitely a big negative, but people seem to like it so far.

I also like the idea of Sonax Brilliant shine detailer.

I personally will stick to D156 as I use it after every wash (2bm only), resulting in infinite durability and for the price, it cant be beat. Its super hyrdophobic, super slick and leaves a glassy finish as always - oh and no where near finicky! I use it on glass, chrome, trim, paint and its awesome. Some people even use it on the interior. I don't think it gets better than that tbh!

Carpro reload, opti seal and many like it are available but I don't really know if they can be called spray waxes - spray sealant yes.

However, I believe, there is only so much a spray wax can do...as its a spray wax...when it comes to durability. My $0.02

asap2stacks
08-29-2016, 02:29 AM
Yup xpress wax (d156) is the best out there. Can use this stuff on everything

asap2stacks
08-29-2016, 02:39 AM
After cleaning your windows properly finish up with a coat of d156 and wait for that first day of rain, you will be amazed!

LEDetailing
08-29-2016, 03:33 AM
After cleaning your windows properly finish up with a coat of d156 and wait for that first day of rain, you will be amazed!

I love D156 on my windshield. Unreal how well it repels water. At 45/50 mph with a clean/D156 windshield I can keep the wipers off.

ArnoldLayne
08-29-2016, 05:01 AM
Thanks for the replies so far. Yeah I've heard great things about D156 which I understand is same as UQW. I love UQW for its versatility and price and performance. Definitely can't be beat. I like OCW a tad better when it actually works better for me ( I use UQW in summer when the temps here are high and I don't have to worry about streaking)

I've been contemplating Fusion spray wax but the price is a bit stiff and not much data out there for its durability and longevity. I do like the results from what I saw.

I am also keeping an eye out for the Ultima Spray Wax. I've pretty much liked every Ultima product I bought so far and I am thinking Ultima won't disappoint (from the review I read from the testers, it looks like a great product)

ArnoldLayne
08-29-2016, 05:04 AM
I love D156 on my windshield. Unreal how well it repels water. At 45/50 mph with a clean/D156 windshield I can keep the wipers off.

Yeah I spray on UQW on the windshield when I do the body and it is quite good. I'll be slapping on some Gyeon View on it next month when the weather gets cooler here. Got a bunch of stuff waiting to be used when I do a fall refresh.

I'll be trying out Plasmacoat and by itself it looks like a pretty slick product.

Eldorado2k
08-29-2016, 05:20 AM
Thanks for the replies so far. Yeah I've heard great things about D156 which I understand is same as UQW. I love UQW for its versatility and price and performance. Definitely can't be beat.

Once you try D156 the main things you'll realize is how bad the sprayer is when using UQW. IMO it's the biggest factor, even over the money you save when buying a gallon of D156 @$29.99 vs. 15oz. consumer bottle of UQW @ $10.99. And that's saying something considering I love saving a few bucks.

The Megs detailer bottle and Chemical Resistant Sprayer is light years ahead of the user experience you get trying to use that consumer bottle.. I just checked and I still have a half empty bottle of UQW collecting dust.. The only thing I miss is the scent. UQW does smell amazing and beats D156 in that department.

If they could just make D156 smell like UQW, and M205 smell like Ultimate Polish, the world would be a Perfect place.😁

As far as it being the best spray wax available? I dunno, I haven't really tried anything else. I don't put that much value in spray wax, as long as it's serviceable I'm good.. And D156 is way beyond serviceable so I have no complaints.

emmjay
08-29-2016, 05:57 AM
Once you try D156 the main things you'll realize is how bad the sprayer is when using UQW. IMO it's the biggest factor, even over the money you save when buying a gallon of D156 @$29.99 vs. 15oz. consumer bottle of UQW @ $10.99. And that's saying something considering I love saving a few bucks.

The Megs detailer bottle and Chemical Resistant Sprayer is light years ahead of the user experience you get trying to use that consumer bottle.. I just checked and I still have a half empty bottle of UQW collecting dust.. .

Could not have said it better. I purchased the megs detailer spray bottles for my D156 and love it! I got the white ones though. I wish I could have gotten the Black D156 sprayer, looks badass, but Megs Middle east does not stock it.

If they could just make D156 smell like UQW, and M205 smell like Ultimate Polish, the world would be a Perfect place.��

LOL!

And D156 is way beyond serviceable so I have no complaints.

Exactly!

Mantilgh
08-29-2016, 06:15 AM
The two you mentioned are my favorites, and the ones I use the most. The price/gallon and protection of OCWis great, and I've found ways to work around the heat issues.

One I haven't tried is Blackfire Carnuba Spray Wax. I always hear good things about it.

ArnoldLayne
08-29-2016, 06:15 AM

The Megs detailer bottle and Chemical Resistant Sprayer is light years ahead of the user experience you get trying to use that consumer bottle.. I just checked and I still have a half empty bottle of UQW collecting dust.. The only thing I miss is the scent. UQW does smell amazing and beats D156 in that department.

If they could just make D156 smell like UQW, and M205 smell like Ultimate Polish, the world would be a Perfect place.😁

As far as it being the best spray wax available? I dunno, I haven't really tried anything else. I don't put that much value in spray wax, as long as it's serviceable I'm good.. And D156 is way beyond serviceable so I have no complaints.

I don't have much complaints about the UQW consumer spray bottle. For me, it does the job. I typically get 3 uses out of it.

I do have a couple of Kwazar spray bottles and also the 36 oz spray bottles I can use.

Yeah the pricing is very attractive on the D156 gallon vs buying a 16 oz UQW for $10.

LOL dude, well I am not into sniffing the product and as long as it doesn't smell bad, I am ok with that. Couple of weeks ago, I bought some Gyeon Iron and I had to install the sprayer on it by removing the shipping cap and oh boy, that thing stank like a pig. Actually it smelt like H2S gas and I was ready to throw up before I closed the open lid with the sprayer. Never realized something could stink that bad. Raw sewage is about the closest smell I can compare it to.

I wanna try the Fuzion spray wax but I don't feel like paying $35 for a 16 oz bottle. The Gallon price looks ok but I might still wait for some kind of sale.

Meguiars makes some really good products and their price is pretty good and most products are very good from my experience.

ArnoldLayne
08-29-2016, 06:19 AM
The two you mentioned are my favorites, and the ones I use the most. The price/gallon and protection of OCWis great, and I've found ways to work around the heat issues.

One I haven't tried is Blackfire Carnuba Spray Wax. I always hear good things about.

I really like OCW and I find it a tad better than UQW. However it streaks in heat and I can't use it much here in summer when the temps don't drop below 100 from late May till late Aug/early Sept. I use UQW during that time and it works pretty good in all temps.

pheerix
08-29-2016, 11:08 AM
I found UQW to attract a lot of dust. I really like Wolfgang Sealant Spritz. Just as easy to use as UQW, doesn't streak no matter how much you use, and seems to not attract a lot of dust.

SirTanon
08-29-2016, 10:53 PM
If they could just make D156 smell like UQW

Amen to that. I've been saying this for at least a year. While D156 may work just as well as UQW, the smell just can't compare.

dcjredline
08-30-2016, 01:22 AM
I like D156 and Aquawax. Then I also LOVE me some Optimum Opti-seal. OS is pretty expensive but you said to leave price out of the equation. If I had to pick without a cost I would go with the OS. 156 and AW are pretty much tied after OS