PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Subaru Outback finally got it done.....

olbear1962
08-28-2016, 09:52 PM
Well this is my first upload to the forum, only been a member since 2009 ..... Lazy I know :dunno:
anyway, had this 2013 Outback since Dec 31 2013 brand new. Only ever had car and wand washes, the odd wash at home. I was in a job that had me traveling 80% of the time, so when home auto detailing wasn't high on my list.
sorry no before pic's, the car was clean, however had some issues. One biggie was two parallel scratches on the hood, could feel the scratches and this was bugging the heck out of me. I had to wet sand these out.
Anyway a job change and some extra spare time had me going back to my feel good places and hobbies. Detailing my cars is one of these feel good places..
So to the detail:
Foam canon with Durgloss 901 Carwash Concerntrate, love this stuff!
Clayed the car for the first time ever, using Riccardo clay purchased when I was living in Edmonton for a couple of years. Amazing product. Am limited in my product knowledge of clay options ....I love this stuff...
First stage was with Menzerna SIP, now 2500.. with Lake Country Orange pad, ended up moving to a Yellow pad on my Flex 3401 DA.
Second stage was with Menzerna Super Finish 4500, now 3800 Plus... Using a black LC pad. The result was fantastic!
Topped with Menzerna Power Lock, using a Blue LC flat pad. What an awesome product this is........

Polished the wheels with a PowerBall and Menzerna SIP. Have to seal them.
Then on to the other usual tasks, window cleaning, etc. etc.
The black trim was showing its age and no real love, topped the roof racks and side trim with Refinish Restorer from CarSystems Canada. Got this stuff when I was there. This is a petroleum based product and is super durable and more importantly it works!!!
Polished the windscreen with Duragloss Nu-Glass, and my FLEX, WOW! What a difference...like a brand new windscreen!!
Here are the results!
5184251844:buffing::buffing:

Now on to the Beetle and the Vette!!:dblthumb2:

hoyt66
08-29-2016, 04:31 AM
Nice work. I just bought a '17 Outback. I really like it. Gave it a full detail and protection the first weekend after bringing it home. After wash and clay I used a finishing polish and polishing on it before sealing as the paint looked pretty good. How hard is the clear on Sabaru's?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-29-2016, 04:51 AM
Nicely done! That Subaru looks great now after your TLC.

Make sure to share the Vette!

Sicoupe
08-29-2016, 09:25 AM
Looks great! job well done my friend:)

olbear1962
08-29-2016, 12:20 PM
Hoyt66
The clear coat is not hard, I read up about this prior to polishing. I was not aggressive in how I polished. Basically let the Flex do the work, I didn't apply any pressure.
Thanks