PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to motorcycle detailing

Dan Tran
08-28-2016, 12:22 PM
I want to know if there is anything special I need to know before I touch this thing.

What product works in which components?

How would YOU go about with this Bike?

All she is concern about is shiny paint and shiny chrome and shiny wheels.

Also how much would you price a detail for this type of bike?

PLEASE HELP!

eaglefan
08-28-2016, 12:25 PM
I do a lot of harley and the #1 thing with bikes is have a bike jack!! Waterless wash or rinse less. Those rims can be a lot of time if they are in bad shape. Other than that take your time and have fun.

DetailDrivenEugene
08-28-2016, 01:44 PM
I do bikes, and the biggest tip I can give, is don't put dressing on tires, seat, controls, or foot pegs. Those are not places you want to be slick. Just use a good apc, and get them as clean as you can.

LEDetailing
08-28-2016, 01:59 PM
What these two said. I have detailed two bikes and they are awesome in the fact that you can literally get the entire bike detailed. If you don't have a Speedmaster brush get both. They are awesome at getting in those hard to reach spots on a bike. Rinseless/waterless everything except the underside and wheels. Unless those areas are really clean. The rinseless is awesome at getting windshield/screens perfectly clear/clean.

Oh and the part about being able to get every inch of the bike detailed will also be the worst part about detailing a bike. When you are hand polishing an oil filter you will understand:)

LEDetailing
08-28-2016, 02:03 PM
I do a lot of harley and the #1 thing with bikes is have a bike jack!! Waterless wash or rinse less. Those rims can be a lot of time if they are in bad shape. Other than that take your time and have fun.

With a bike jack you can save so much time and get to areas that are very difficult to get at without a lift. I haven't owned a bike for 10 years. But I wish I would have had my Uber or D114 rinseless then. What a time saver and a lot less work.

Cliffnopus
08-28-2016, 02:06 PM
All she is concern about is shiny paint and shiny chrome and shiny wheels.

That's pretty muh all there is on a bike.

trippmann
08-28-2016, 04:24 PM
get a chrome polish, small pads, and a stopwatch. Why a stopwatch? Because bikes take forever due to the tight areas. Tin foil and chrome polish are awesome on really trashed chrome.

Eldorado2k
08-28-2016, 04:28 PM
get a chrome polish, small pads, and a stopwatch. Why a stopwatch? Because bikes take forever due to the tight areas. Tin foil and chrome polish are awesome on really trashed chrome.

I thought it was tin foil and cola?

Dan Tran
08-28-2016, 06:03 PM
all she is concern about is shiny paint and shiny chrome and shiny wheels.

That's pretty muh all there is on a bike.

truee!