PDA

View Full Version : porter cable vs harbor freight da?

Pages : [1] 2

fightnews
08-27-2016, 09:56 AM
i already have the harbor frieght and im happy with it but i was going to buy another one? is the harbor frieght one better then the porter cable because it uses more amps does that mean it has more power?

Detailsbydaniel
08-27-2016, 10:04 AM
i already have the harbor frieght and im happy with it but i was going to buy another one? is the harbor frieght one better then the porter cable because it uses more amps does that mean it has more power?

If your happy i wouldn't spemd the momey on the pc unit. I'd continue to save up and get yourself a rupes flex of griots boss polisher that is where the game changes

Dereksdtail
08-27-2016, 10:19 AM
The harbor freight has way more torque

LSNAutoDetailing
08-27-2016, 10:45 AM
AGO does not sell, support or warranty HF DA's.

PC's are supported, warrantied and are featured in Mike Phillips books & videos. You can even ask Mike questions on this forum.

I have a PC 7424xp along with Rupes LHR MKII 15 and GG G15

I do have a HF, but only used with the Aqua Blue soft carpet brushes.

IMO, the PC is a much better tool than the HF.

rmcnamara
08-27-2016, 11:45 AM
I returned the HF DA i bought. The current model is nowhere near as good as everyone says the older model was. If you look the item number is different and design is very different as well.

briarpatch
08-27-2016, 11:47 AM
If you're not in the market for a long throw, have you considered a Griots garage 6" polisher? More power than a PC, lifetime warranty, and available right here (by itself or in a kit) on Autogeek

Eldorado2k
08-27-2016, 11:51 AM
I returned the HF DA i bought. The current model is nowhere near as good as everyone says the older model was. If you look the item number is different and design is very different as well.

I've always wondered if it they changed it in any way.. That would suck because the old model [the 1 I have] kicks arse and it would be unfortunate if could no longer be found.
I think it's still ok though, otherwise I don't think Gary Dean would vouch for it so hard. I agree with him, I think it's a phenomenal polisher.

rmcnamara
08-27-2016, 11:54 AM
Was thinking about a long throw or the griots. Price of the long throws, and not being sure if they really need to be used by a professional kind of pushes me away from them.

Dereksdtail
08-27-2016, 01:00 PM
I've always wondered if it they changed it in any way.. That would suck because the old model [the 1 I have] kicks arse and it would be unfortunate if could no longer be found.
I think it's still ok though, otherwise I don't think Gary Dean would vouch for it so hard. I agree with him, I think it's a phenomenal polisher.

I feel the new model may have a little less power but is also a little smoother

fightnews
08-28-2016, 04:35 AM
i think they sell the griots at autozone, ill prob just get another hf it works great to me and im already good with it.

dlc95
08-28-2016, 05:42 AM
I got one of those HF polishers used for $25.00! It was really powerful. I don't recall ever going over speed 4 with it. I did let it go, because I had too many polishers laying around, and the HF too didn't have the fit and finish of the PC.

fightnews
08-28-2016, 06:28 AM
whats the best polisher you guys think?

fightnews
08-28-2016, 06:43 AM
i think im going to get the griots garage one since they have it for cheap at autozone? what do you think is it a step up from the hf?

Dereksdtail
08-28-2016, 06:53 AM
i think im going to get the griots garage one since they have it for cheap at autozone? what do you think is it a step up from the hf?

Definitely the griots is a bit smoother and more torque, good warranty too

boomdone
08-28-2016, 06:57 AM

Call Ray at Autopia. Many times they have open box deals. I've seen them over there for around $75 in the past if I recall.