PDA

View Full Version : BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Storage and Shelf Life?

Vg247
08-26-2016, 01:18 AM
So I've had the 128oz size of this for about 1.5 years and it's kept in my garage which is relatively cool year round at about 58 degrees here I'm Northern CA.

The other day I tried to use it on my car and as always I shake the bottle well, then once I depressed the the dispenser pump (also purchased from AG) a clear fluid came out for like 15 pumps before any normal product actually came out. Appears to be the product has some separation. Has anyone had this issue, and are there any remedies to this issue other than shaking the bottle well?

Quite disappointing since I have more than half of the bottle left and I like how it works as a sealant on the car.

Jaddie
08-26-2016, 06:05 AM
Maybe shaking the container didn't shake up the contents of what was still in the tube of the pump dispenser. Those dispensers hold a lot of product.

Empty out the dispenser, wash it out, and try again. See if the product consistency is what you expect then.

choijw2
08-26-2016, 06:39 AM
Sounds like products didn't get mixed up well.

With Gallon size container, it takes more than good shake to mix it unlike 16oz bottles

Also I believe shelf life is long enough for us now to worry about it

Nick McKees37
08-26-2016, 07:27 AM
Sounds like products didn't get mixed up well.

With Gallon size container, it takes more than good shake to mix it unlike 16oz bottles

Your'e spot on.

Also, this may sound odd, but you can put the gallon in the refrigerator for a couple hours. This will help thicken it up.

Paul A.
08-26-2016, 10:05 AM
The few pump dispensed products i have that sit for any length of time get the following procedure before first use again. I unscrew the pump dispenser from the top, use a toothpick to get any crusted, dried crud from the nozzle and pump the contents of the take up tube back into the bottle. I replace the pump and shake the living s*** out of the bottle before priming the take up tube again. Even then i go about 2 squirts of what now looks like good, mixed product before using.

Just a precaution and maybe wayyyy too anal but i do it anyway!

Vg247
08-26-2016, 06:31 PM
Thanks very much everyone, I'm going to give all your tips and Nick's refrigeration advice a try. Hope the product will be uniform and good to go again..

Vg247
09-05-2016, 10:41 PM
Thanks very much everyone, I'm going to give all your tips and Nick's refrigeration advice a try. Hope the product will be uniform and good to go again..

Just wanted to update this and share that Nick's tip refrigerating product did the trick, thanks so much again..