PDA

View Full Version : return/exchange policy?

Cruzscarwash
08-25-2016, 05:24 PM
so I posted in another thread asking what others do with unused products and had some pretty good feedback. as I was scrolling through the pages today I clicked on the free samples link and saw where it said you get free samples with orders over $125. Made me start thinking that it would be a great idea or at least where i'm sitting from behind my keyboard is that if I sent back a product that I didn't like or didn't work well for me and the conditions I work in I can send what's remaining back for samples of other items as long as they are items sold on AG.

so lets say I have 24oz left of megs d115 and I don't want/need it I can send it back to get sampled by others and in exchange I can be sent samples or sample credit for my next order (no min). so if I turned in the 24oz and there's a 2-1 or 4-1 exchange rate or something like that on my next order I can choose 6 1oz samples of XXX products.

id like to hear what others think of this because it would be great to give back what I have and also continue to try out new things and I think that it would also help to keep the AG sample inventory of free samples stocked as well.

ScottB
08-25-2016, 06:23 PM
Look up the samples thread .... you can trade samples with others. No reselling however.

custmsprty
08-25-2016, 06:27 PM
Look up the samples thread .... you can trade samples with others. No reselling however.

:dblthumb2::dblthumb2::dblthumb2:

Cruzscarwash
08-25-2016, 06:39 PM
I'm in that, and it's nice, but I would like organization more

BM1024
08-25-2016, 06:59 PM
It would be a great idea if EVERYONE in the world was a nice person...unfortunately, there will be some jerk who decides it would be funny to add IPA (or worse!) to some product. The AG gives it out as a "Sample" and they are liable for damages.

Too many ways for bad people to ruin a good idea.

Marc08EX
08-25-2016, 07:06 PM
It would be a great idea if EVERYONE in the world was a nice person...unfortunately, there will be some jerk who decides it would be funny to add IPA (or worse!) to some product. The AG gives it out as a "Sample" and they are liable for damages.

Too many ways for bad people to ruin a good idea.

Man I hope nobody does that...

FUNX650
08-25-2016, 07:57 PM
...today I clicked on the free samples link
and saw where it said you get free samples
with orders over $125.

Made me start thinking that it would be
a great idea...is that if I sent back a
product that I didn't like or didn't work well
for me...I can send what's remaining back
for samples of other items as long as they
are items sold on AG.

id like to hear what others think of this.
•I think it takes an uncommon mind
to think of these kind of things.
(Note: there's historical precedence.)

TO WIT:

•I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only
one that has wondered exactly what it
was, that possessed the mind of the guy,
who first looked at a cow and said:

"I think I'll drink whatever comes out
of these things when I squeeze 'em"?!?!

Bob

MikeC
08-25-2016, 10:07 PM
Lol Bob. My wife,the vegan, likes to remind me we are the only species that drinks the milk of another.

Cruzscarwash
08-25-2016, 10:56 PM
•I think it takes an uncommon mind
to think of these kind of things.
(Note: there's historical precedence.)

TO WIT:

•I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only
one that has wondered exactly what it
was, that possessed the mind of the guy,
who first looked at a cow and said:

"I think I'll drink whatever comes out
of these things when I squeeze 'em"?!?!

Bob

ive always had the mind that never "stops turning" i get little sleep and am always wondering/thinking/questioning. ive jumped out of bed at 3am just to try something real fast or other random things along those lines. not sure if its a good thing or bad thing..lol

PaulMys
08-26-2016, 07:31 PM
Yeah, you really couldn't expect AG to get involved with receiving/shipping all of our used/unused products, then keeping track of who did so, the "credit", etc.

The Samples thread they provide is a great feature, and I'll bet just about any AG member can be trusted to be accurate and honest about what he/she has for trade, and that it is as described.

Why would we, as members of a forum dedicated to the beauty of our rides, intentionally add something destructive to a used sample? We are crazy about our cars/trucks, and just the thought of that is disturbing to say the least.

I know anything & everything is "possible", but this is my opinion about the people who care enough about detail to even visit this forum in the first place.

BM1024
08-26-2016, 08:32 PM
I know anything & everything is "possible", but this is my opinion about the people who care enough about detail to even visit this forum in the first place.

I'm not saying it WOULD happen, just that it could. The sample forum is cool because you "talk" one-on-one with someone before making an exchange.

And while I agree that most active members wouldn't do anything nasty, be honest - IF AG setup the program there would be some jerk who was mad because they got kick off the forum, or an order shipped wrong, or Nick didn't kiss their butt....and who would love a chance to "get back" at them. Don't believe me? Ask Nick....and his attorney.

It only takes 1 jerk to ruin something for everyone. Unfortunately.

PaulMys
08-26-2016, 08:59 PM
Ok, but if they were kicked off the forum, they couldn't participate in the Sample thread.

Plus, it's really up to us as forum members to use our own discretion. A member with let's say 1000 posts probably didn't waste a few years on here talking car care with all of us with the end result of sabotage.

I just used the Samples thread a few weeks ago. Dealt with a very cool dude on here who has posted many a helpful thread, and some kick ass reviews.

Was there a blind trust factor for him, being that I only have a few hundred posts? Sure, but I think he did his research on me. Past posts, etc.

Bottom line is this: You can't trust everything in life completely, but living paranoid is worse. ;)

BM1024
08-26-2016, 09:02 PM
Ok, but if they were kicked off the forum, they couldn't participate in the Sample thread.

Plus, it's really up to us as forum members to use our own discretion. A member with let's say 1000 posts probably didn't waste a few years on here talking car care with all of us with the end result of sabotage.

I just used the Samples thread a few weeks ago. Dealt with a very cool dude on here who has posted many a helpful thread, and some kick ass reviews.

Was there a blind trust factor for him, being that I only have a few hundred posts? Sure, but I think he did his research on me. Past posts, etc.

Bottom line is this: You can't trust everything in life completely, but living paranoid is worse. ;)

That's what I am saying...the Sample Forum works because individuals interact.

(I do "Risk Assessment" for business - of course I'm paranoid! It's a job description!) :)

But don't think everyone has just 1 account on here. Trolls love forums, and even good members sometimes have "evil" accounts to be snarky.

Look - I'm not saying anyone here is bad or that the Sample exchange idea isn't great - I was just trying to explain why I can't see AG getting behind it. Just pointing out something I would point out to my clients.

PaulMys
08-26-2016, 09:13 PM
Gotcha.

AOD808
09-04-2016, 09:54 PM
Mike C -

You should remind your wife that we are also the only species that flies planes, drives cars, and talks on cell phones