PDA

View Full Version : Polish after Clear Coat?

Midnite8
08-25-2016, 04:58 PM
My brother in law just bought a new car and they gave him a really good deal on I guess to spray an extra coat of clear coat on his car. He wants to apply a ceramic coating as well as XPEL clear bra on his car. Does he have to wait a certain amount of time after the dealer sprays the clear coat to do anything such as clay bar and polishing?

Setec Astronomy
08-25-2016, 05:02 PM
I'm not trying to argue, but I think it's a lot more likely they sold him some protection package "that's like an extra coat of clear!" I've never heard of nor can I imagine any new car dealer spraying clear onto a new car.

However, it's possible that it's one of the few dealers that is applying the dealer version of Opti-Coat, or have an applicator come to the dealership. In that case, his car already has a "ceramic" coating on it.

WaxMaster1
08-25-2016, 05:03 PM
I have never heard of such a thing. The preparation to do such a thing properly would cost ridiculous amounts of money. You would need to remove every piece of trim, door handle, headlights, taillights, the list goes on. Find out exactly what they mean by "Clear Coat". Real paint clear coat by a PPG DuPont, Akzo Nobel, Herberts Standox, Glasurit, etc would never be cost effective or even be done properly by a dealership

WillSports3
08-25-2016, 05:38 PM
Hope to god it's not the usual Simoniz coating they apply on adter they buffer it to hologram heaven.

Midnite8
08-26-2016, 06:18 PM
So my brother in law got me back to me after he asked about this "protection plan" and all they told him was that is is from Home - MetroTech Auto (http://metrotechauto.com)

Midnite8
08-26-2016, 10:46 PM
Went to the website and tried to see what they use for the exterior "coating" but no information. Filled out the contact form and got a email delivery failed bounceback...