PDA

View Full Version : Dear Menzerna. Please stop changing your names. Or make it more intuitive!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Harry Da Hamster
08-25-2016, 03:05 AM
I wish Menzerna would stop changing their branding strategy. Or at least make it more intuitive and keep it that way. If anything, I think they still messed up on it with their latest change. IMO:

-Compound should be 1100 Super Heavy Cut, 1200 Fast Gloss, 1300 Super Intensive. Meaning 1 for compound and 100, 200, 300 is the progression.

-Polish should be 2400 Intensive Polish, 2500 Power Finish, 2600 One Step Polish/Sealant. 2 for polish with 400, 500, 600 for the progression. 2600 follows Menzerna's standard progression on level of cut/finish.

-Finishing polish will be 3700 Final Finish, 3800 Super Finish, and 3900 Super Duper Finish

-And maybe even last step products 4998 Carnauba Wax and 4999 Polymer Sealant... or whatever

I still have some PO85RD since stockpiling years ago. I love Menzerna and it's my main go-to, but the name changes are getting old. Just a dumb rant.

Harry Da Hamster
08-25-2016, 04:07 AM
-And maybe even last step products 4998 Carnauba Wax and 4999 Polymer Sealant... or whatever

Or better yet keep the wax and sealant out of the numerical order and leave 4950 for Top Finish Glaze.

Just thinking out loud...

Setec Astronomy
08-25-2016, 05:03 AM
At least they have those cool pull tops now.

dlc95
08-25-2016, 06:32 AM
I loved the middle one, the one that was just replaced.

The greens were compound, orange was heavy polish, yellow was medium polish, blues were finishing polishes, Pink for the AIO.

Very easy to follow, very professional looking.

The latest scheme doesn't seem to send the message of "elite, ultra professional, ultra high performance" like the last one did.

My plan is to just use my old bottles after they run out, and refill them with the cheesy logo bottles. I buy the old style bottles whenever possible.

At least we're still getting the high quality product that was in the bottle to begin with.

parttimer
08-25-2016, 07:34 AM
It has made it very hard to order, luckily I haven't need anything lately, 2500 was my go to, but that is a new number now and the polish charts just can't keep up. I was just using 4000 last night and thought, crap, what number is this now!

Mike Phillips
08-25-2016, 07:37 AM
I thought the previous name change when I wrote this article was not only a good change but also a time to call it good and then go with it...

Menzerna - New Names and Product Numbers (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/products-guides/47067-menzerna-new-names-product-numbers.html)

But... like my wife says about me...

If it ain't broke, fix it until it is

:laughing:

mwoolfso
08-25-2016, 07:41 AM
That's funny Mike....

I agree Menzerna's name change makes "more" sense than the previous approach. Still, for whatever reason there is a learning curve.

Setec Astronomy
08-25-2016, 07:41 AM
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is

Oh boy, I've been guilty of that a few times! I try to think about it before I start "fixing" something that isn't really "broke".

Zubair
08-25-2016, 07:43 AM
If the current naming convention sticks, alls well and good.

Harry Da Hamster
08-25-2016, 11:32 AM
It makes discussion of their products here on AGO hard to follow. I've been off the forum for a while then recently came back. i read "Menzerna SF3500", heh? Then i saw "SF3800", what da...somethings fishy here? So i check the AG store and what do ya know. They changed names AGAIN. LOL

After thinking about it more, this would make sense and leave room in their lineup to grow

2200 SHC, 2400 FG, 2600 SI

3200 IP, 3400 PF, 3600 AIO Polish/Sealant

4200 FF, 4400 SF, 4600 SDF (Super Duper Finish), 4800 TFG (Top Finish Glaze)

This leaves room in their existing lineup for more products. Like maybe a 2100 SDHC (Super Duper Heavy Cut) for boat gel-coats or the most stubborn and hardest clears from Mercedez Benz and General Motors.

And that leaves room for a pre-compound step, Series 1xxx. Such as a line of clay bars and iron removers. 1200 Heavy Clay, 1400 Power Finish Clay. These two made for pre-polishing. 1600 Super Duper Finish Clay that leaves absolutely no marring on an already preped surface, for maintenence purposes. And a 1800 Super Intensive Iron Remover specifically for wheels and 1900 Mild Iron Remover for body panel paint.

And room for a Series 5xxx for Top Inspection, Color Lock, Power Lock, and detail sprays.

As mentioned above, color coordinating it like the middle revision would be nice. I thought the middle design was a good balance professional look yet modern. The new style is a bit confusing looking and it doesnt look professional.

Or maybe Menzerna should just hire me, an OCD detailer with a business marketing major and minor in graphic design. A few gallons of each would be more than fine :buffing:

That's just my OCD coming out again. I have no idea why i'm harping on this so much. I just hate seeing my favorite line of polishes get their names and branding hacked up.

Hopefully someone from Menzerna is looking...

RPM_BR
08-25-2016, 01:39 PM
I must be the only one who liked the new Menzerna's nomenclature, although I keep referring to them in the old way :)

ducksfan
08-25-2016, 01:41 PM
So, let's clear this up. You're advocating that they change they're labeling system again?

Do you work in the education field? (They tend to like to change things all the time whether it's working or not)

Rsurfer
08-25-2016, 01:46 PM
It makes discussion of their products here on AGO hard to follow. I've been off the forum for a while then recently came back. i read "Menzerna SF3500", heh? Then i saw "SF3800", what da...somethings fishy here? So i check the AG store and what do ya know. They changed names AGAIN. LOL

After thinking about it more, this would make sense and leave room in their lineup to grow

2200 SHC, 2400 FG, 2600 SI

3200 IP, 3400 PF, 3600 AIO Polish/Sealant

4200 FF, 4400 SF, 4600 SDF (Super Duper Finish), 4800 TFG (Top Finish Glaze)

This leaves room in their existing lineup for more products. Like maybe a 2100 SDHC (Super Duper Heavy Cut) for boat gel-coats or the most stubborn and hardest clears from Mercedez Benz and General Motors.

And that leaves room for a pre-compound step, Series 1xxx. Such as a line of clay bars and iron removers. 1200 Heavy Clay, 1400 Power Finish Clay. These two made for pre-polishing. 1600 Super Duper Finish Clay that leaves absolutely no marring on an already preped surface, for maintenence purposes. And a 1800 Super Intensive Iron Remover specifically for wheels and 1900 Mild Iron Remover for body panel paint.

And room for a Series 5xxx for Top Inspection, Color Lock, Power Lock, and detail sprays.

As mentioned above, color coordinating it like the middle revision would be nice. I thought the middle design was a good balance professional look yet modern. The new style is a bit confusing looking and it doesnt look professional.

Or maybe Menzerna should just hire me, an OCD detailer with a business marketing major and minor in graphic design. A few gallons of each would be more than fine :buffing:

That's just my OCD coming out again. I have no idea why i'm harping on this so much. I just hate seeing my favorite line of polishes get their names and branding hacked up.

If they kept the cut scale on the bottom of the bottle we wouldn't care about numbers,

FUNX650
08-25-2016, 03:00 PM
I must be the only one who liked the new
Menzerna's nomenclature, although I keep
referring to them in the old way :)
Count me in as another person that likes
Menzerna's latest naming system for the
USA market. :dblthumb2:

•I keep in mind that there are
"charts" provided; and whenever
there's been a Brand-refresh:
-No biggie to look things up, IMO.

Bob

jsilver6
08-25-2016, 03:02 PM

Actually we are listening, and at Jescar-MenzernaUSA I can tell you that I understand the concerns and frustration with the product number and name changes. I expressed my concern when first learning about these changes and explained to the factory that there were better ways to achieve their goals with the new label system, but the changes now exist.

Some of the products that were mentioned above would never find there way into the Menzerna name/number system because they are not Menzerna products. When we first introduced Menzerna to the detail/reconditioning market we only had two products, the Intensive Polish and Final Polish, both developed for use in OEM and industrial polishing. Over time, new and innovative polishing compounds were introduced for use on the challenging scratch-resistant clear coat systems, and these found their way to the detailing aftermarket, such as Super Intensive Polish and Power Finish.

As the Menzerna line was growing in popularity with the detailing community we found the need to expand the product line with products not available from Menzerna. With many years of experience in polishing compounds and the importer of Menzerna since 1978, Jescar introduced these products under the MenzernaUSA brand. With the new label names and numbers from Menzerna we decided to reduce some of the confusion and now market our our former MenzernaUSA products under the Jescar Finishing Products brand. The Jescar line includes our Power Lock Plus polymer sealant, Color Lock carnauba wax, Paint Refresh detail spray, and Top Finish machine glaze. We have additional new products that will be introduced very soon and I am confident that they will be the industry standard for high performance. This is the direction detailers wanted us to take, and we are looking forward to the launch of these new products.

There is no shortage of high quality detailing products and supplies from manufactures around the world. Fortunately you will have excellent options from Jescar Finishing Product and Menzerna.

Happy detailing!

Jeff Silver
Jescar Finishing Products
MenzernaUSA