PDA

View Full Version : not used products

Cruzscarwash
08-23-2016, 10:44 PM
so i think i have my army of products down but as im sure many of you do as well i have a TON of things that just didnt work well for me. what do you do with them all? i have soaps, and waxes, sealants, glass cleaners, etc that im not going to use again. what do you guys do?

FUNX650
08-23-2016, 10:51 PM
I donate them to the local High Schools
and/or Career Technical Centers that offer
automotive related curriculum.

Bob

VISITOR
08-24-2016, 12:38 AM
post it in this thread below. some people may want to try out some of the products you have and vice versa...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/7765-samples-original-post-updated-395.html

vobro
08-24-2016, 12:52 AM
I donate to the local fire dept, they love clean trucks and engines

BM1024
08-24-2016, 08:55 AM
I give them to co-workers I don't like:

CW: Wow, your car looks so clean/shiny/good-for-something-so-old! What do you use?

Me: I use ABC Super Duper XMen Cleaner Polymeristic Forever Wax with Testosterone.

CW: Cool! Where can I get some?

Me: Here...I have some extra. Here. (Hands over the crud that never worked as advertised) It's super easy to use. Just follow the directions. Oh, and there are Youtube videos that can teach you even better than I can.

(The following Monday....)

CW: Man, I tried that stuff but just couldn't get it to look like your car. It sucks.

Me: Must be your technique. Did you (Insert your favorite product excuse here: Not shake it up, use in the direct sun, use it in the shade, clay you car first, Play-Dough you car, use unicorn spit as a lubricant....et el)

CW: That must be it. I'll try again this weekend.

Me: Yeah. If it doesn't work, try Turtle Wax - I hear it's awesome.

LSNAutoDetailing
08-24-2016, 09:01 AM
Use them as an ice-breaker (gift) to meet and greet other deatailers in your area.
Sometimes creating a small network of professionals that are friendly can go a long way.
Sharing of information, ending up in a jam, and or you never know when someone may be over booked and you come to mind, or vice-versa.

I gave a local detailer about $400.00 + worth of product.

Cruzscarwash
08-24-2016, 09:58 AM
I give them to co-workers I don't like:

CW: Wow, your car looks so clean/shiny/good-for-something-so-old! What do you use?

Me: I use ABC Super Duper XMen Cleaner Polymeristic Forever Wax with Testosterone.

CW: Cool! Where can I get some?

Me: Here...I have some extra. Here. (Hands over the crud that never worked as advertised) It's super easy to use. Just follow the directions. Oh, and there are Youtube videos that can teach you even better than I can.

(The following Monday....)

CW: Man, I tried that stuff but just couldn't get it to look like your car. It sucks.

Me: Must be your technique. Did you (Insert your favorite product excuse here: Not shake it up, use in the direct sun, use it in the shade, clay you car first, Play-Dough you car, use unicorn spit as a lubricant....et el)

CW: That must be it. I'll try again this weekend.

Me: Yeah. If it doesn't work, try Turtle Wax - I hear it's awesome.

unicorn spit.. that's why mine don't work

dlc95
08-24-2016, 10:18 PM
Sold them on Craigslist.

I'm also very happy to have settled on my product selection.

It was completely overwhelming when I first discovered the forums in 2008 or so.

briarpatch
08-25-2016, 06:55 AM
Being new to this obsession, I've probably not built up enough stock to have stuff I don't use, or ever plan on using. If I do get to that point, my plan is to get some small (2 or 4 oz bottles), and offer these as free samples to some of the folks here (and other forums I'm on), just in case they were curious and wanted to 'try before they buy'. That would be my way of saying thank you to all the helpful folks I've been fortunate enough to come in contact with.

Cruzscarwash
08-25-2016, 07:52 AM
I almost wish we could return them and then AG offered them as samples