PDA

View Full Version : Needing recommendations for the average car owner.

Accordian
08-23-2016, 10:28 PM
Alright guys I'm sure you get these kind of questions all of the time but their are so many prodcuts and threads on here. I'm wanting a better shine to my vehicle. It is a 93 honda accord with the acardia green pearl paint which is in fairly good condition. I've been doing a polish and then wax for awhile now but believe I could get a little more shine out of her. From what I have gathered the stages I can take are wash, clay, compound, polish, seal and then wax or is compounding really necessary? Isn't compound used for scratches (not swirls)? I'm not concerned with the scratches as I believe are too deep to do anything about (catches finger nail). So my main question is what products should I use? Remembering this is noway near show quality but wanting to bring more life to the paint. I would consider my car a "darker" colored car so do these waxes and such for "dark" cars make a difference? Any inpit would be great.

BigPoppa
08-23-2016, 10:52 PM
What polish & wax have you been using?

How have you been polishing? By hand?

dcjredline
08-23-2016, 10:56 PM
Maybe a picture would help us some. Very hard to say over the internet with a couple of words of description.

If I was looking at a car and saying to myself what you are saying I would probably just Wash, Clay, Polish OR AIO and ship it out the door.

FUNX650
08-23-2016, 11:07 PM
Since, after 24 years; and being that your
vehicle's paint "is in fairly good condition"...

My recommendation is to continue with
the same/proven car-care regimen. (You
sure don't want to hurt...at this point in
time...the-good-thing you got goin' on.)

Bob