PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help Please

RonAlv
08-23-2016, 08:16 PM
Well I am trying to decide to use Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax, or my HD Speed? Machine wax, or by hand? I have sealed the paint about 2 months ago with GG Paint Sealer. Finishing up with the clay bar. Although the paint really does not need claying. Going on my 2008 Dodge Nitro that is a light metallic silver. There is some marring if you look close but, not really bad.
Also, while I am at it, what would you recommend for a black exterior trim cleaner and restorer? Currently using Meguiar's Ultimate Black, but not all that impressed with it.
Here is a link to the vehicle that I am working on. eyecandyautodetail (http://www.eyecandyautodetailing.com/#!2008-dodge-nitro/uosdb)
Thanks for the advice.

Mantilgh
08-23-2016, 09:33 PM
Help? What would you recommend to a customer if they asked?

You have a DA, you have speed or possibly a polish, why not turn that marring into gloss?

Then top it with Souveran if you like.

For really oxidized trim, tape off around it, scrub repeatedly with APC, then use something like Solution Finish. Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant if it is in decent shape.

RonAlv
08-24-2016, 04:05 AM
Help? What would you recommend to a customer if they asked?

You have a DA, you have speed or possibly a polish, why not turn that marring into gloss?

Then top it with Souveran if you like.

For really oxidized trim, tape off around it, scrub repeatedly with APC, then use something like Solution Finish. Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant if it is in decent shape.

Good idea. I used the Pinnacle on my wife's car and loved how it looks.
If it were a customers vehicle, I would have gone probably with the GG Cleaner Wax. All depends on the condition of the paint, but I am in the process of seeing what works well, and what does not work so well.