PDA

View Full Version : HD Speed Question

Pages : [1] 2 3

2011 Kona Blue
08-23-2016, 07:31 PM
I'm about to use HD Speed for the first time and it's on a customers vehicle. Approximately how long should I work a section with this stuff. 1 minute, 2 minutes???? Shorter, longer? I'm not doing a paint correction for the customer just a detail with the AIO speed! I would like to remove as many imperfections as I can with this product but not spending 5 minutes on each area. Much thanks.

Jeremy1976
08-23-2016, 07:33 PM
Work it until you get the results you want. There is no 1 answer. Too many factors involved such as paint hardness, tools used, etc.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

medicscott
08-23-2016, 07:35 PM
HD speed works relatively fast. The cut is totally dependent on the pad you use. Softer you can go the better while still being able to correct minor defects. 4-6 section passes should be acceptable per area. Speed is a great product and produces excellent results. Enjoy.

2011 Kona Blue
08-23-2016, 07:47 PM
HD speed works relatively fast. The cut is totally dependent on the pad you use. Softer you can go the better while still being able to correct minor defects. 4-6 section passes should be acceptable per area. Speed is a great product and produces excellent results. Enjoy.

I will be using my Flex 3401 and orange hybrid cutting pad

2011 Kona Blue
08-23-2016, 07:47 PM
Work it until you get the results you want. There is no 1 answer. Too many factors involved such as paint hardness, tools used, etc.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks sir. I will be using my Flex 3401

medicscott
08-23-2016, 08:20 PM
I will be using my Flex 3401 and orange hybrid cutting pad

Flex is a great unit to use with an AIO like Speed. You'll be fine. Enjoy the results.

PaulMys
08-23-2016, 08:33 PM
Used Speed with my PC on my truck for moderate correction, and it had at least a 4-5 minute work time with ZERO dusting.

I don't have any shade, so I had to do a few panels in the sun. Working time was close to the same, and wipe-off is effortless in either case.

If you are looking for light /moderate correction, and ease of use, look no further my friend.

dcjredline
08-23-2016, 10:52 PM
I like to do about 4 section passes. That usually gets the cars to about 70% or better.

Mike@ShineStruck
08-24-2016, 12:25 AM
Depending on pad, and condition of vehicle, you can get 100℅ correction by varying pad choice.

The 08 quad door ram I did only needed a maroon pad to get %100 correction except for the roof and hood

Roof and hood needed a green low pro to get those results

2011 Kona Blue
08-24-2016, 02:38 AM
Gentlemen, I'm in love. Fell hard, fell fast. HD Speed is absolutely fantastic. Zero dusting, wipes off like butter. Does not stick to paint, work time was amazing. This will be my go to AIO. I have two 32 oz bottles of Adapt and if it's anything like HD Speed, wowser. I also have a 32 oz bottle of Proxy. I absolutely love the fragrance of speed, grape. Lol

Also have 32 oz bottle of HD polish on the way!

Mike@ShineStruck
08-24-2016, 02:56 AM
I love my Adapt, that's what got me into HD
I started making Adapt Speed..too bad 3D discontinued it..
I hear the AAT polishing doesnt finish down well like Adapt, bit AAT Rubbing compound I've heard some good things..hope that one is comparable to adapt, but I doubt it...

2011 Kona Blue
08-24-2016, 12:06 PM
I love my Adapt, that's what got me into HD
I started making Adapt Speed..too bad 3D discontinued it..
I hear the AAT polishing doesnt finish down well like Adapt, bit AAT Rubbing compound I've heard some good things..hope that one is comparable to adapt, but I doubt it...

Very odd they discontinued Adapt. Unless they have a duplicate product that we don't know about that works the same.

2011 Kona Blue
08-24-2016, 05:57 PM
I've got some serious oxidation on the hood of this truck. I hope HD adapt can take care of it. Speed did okay but took me like 3 2 minute passes of a section to remove oxidation

cleanfreak3
09-25-2016, 09:16 PM
I used HD Speed a month ago and I performed a 2bm tonight. After drying I noticed water spots still left on the hood, roof, and trunk. The car has been sitting outside. Should HD speed prevent this or
won't any wax/sealant protect against this. Now, how do I remove them?

TTQ B4U
09-25-2016, 09:27 PM
Gentlemen, I'm in love. Fell hard, fell fast. HD Speed is absolutely fantastic. Zero dusting, wipes off like butter. Does not stick to paint, work time was amazing. This will be my go to AIO. I have two 32 oz bottles of Adapt and if it's anything like HD Speed, wowser. I also have a 32 oz bottle of Proxy. I absolutely love the fragrance of speed, grape. Lol!

haha! IIRC I think we all warned you that HD Products are addictive. You will read a bit of folks having issues removing adapt as it will generally take a bit more effort. However, the key is to wipe it after each section. I wouldn't even do an entire panel leaving it there to set. Wipe it after each section and it will come clean with ease. Don't use too much either. It's a thin product and will soak into your pads thus resulting in over application. That too will cause it to be more difficult to remove. Don't prime the pad, just use 4 pea size dots and go.

Wipe, polish, repeat. If for any reason you do run into a difficult spot to wipe off, a simple 10% IPA solution and a MF Rag is all you need. I make it a habit of IPA wiping all my panels anyway.