PDA

View Full Version : Exciting news today!!

Pages : [1] 2

choijw2
08-23-2016, 06:40 PM
Got contacted by local Dealer who import cars from Japan and sell them!

They asked me if I could stop by for detailing a car

Long story short,

I will be detailing one of their right hand rx7 FC and then decide if I'm good enough to detail all of their imported cars including skylines 😍

Btw how much would should I expect for AIO service like this?

It's not everyday dealer and I will be doing maybe 2 cars a month.

Also I think they are way more flexible than regular dealers when it comes to pricing since they are specialized dealer.

Anyways wish me luck!!

GSKR
08-23-2016, 07:48 PM
I wish you luck dealing with people who want everything for nothing.

choijw2
08-23-2016, 08:19 PM
I wish you luck dealing with people who want everything for nothing.

haha,

I will update you

GSKR
08-23-2016, 08:34 PM
ALthough I had a nice relation with a merc dealer in town for 5 years I went thru hell juggling retail and dealer work.picked up a dealer in town as he was looking for a experienced detailer for vettes only.Lasted 2 months he wanted me to wetsand a 08 vette whole car from embedded water marks for 275.00.I did it,tried to do the right thing and told him next car this isn't gonna happen as far as price.Instead he hired a local detailer in town for way less never again.

Sizzle Chest
08-23-2016, 08:40 PM
Exciting! Keep us posted!!!

Eldorado2k
08-23-2016, 08:41 PM
ALthough I had a nice relation with a merc dealer in town for 5 years I went thru hell juggling retail and dealer work.picked up a dealer in town as he was looking for a experienced detailer for vettes only.Lasted 2 months he wanted me to wetsand a 08 vette whole car from embedded water marks for 275.00.I did it,tried to do the right thing and told him next car this isn't gonna happen as far as price.Instead he hired a local detailer in town for way less never again.

In your opinion, how much was that job actually worth?

PaulMys
08-23-2016, 08:51 PM

Good warning, but maybe cho's deal will be different. If not, it's a "GSKR "told ya so".

GSKR
08-23-2016, 09:00 PM
The whole entire car was covered,I didn't get a break the water spots were from top to bottom on Everysingle panel.I would say a dealer who is feeding you 6 to 10 cars a month that job has to be at least 550.00.The promblem was that he was only selling 2 cars a month.He still has the same inventory from 8 months ago.He promised me 6 cars a month mimium.Right down the street some guy opened up a 2 million dollar inventory used corvette dealer.florida is to saturated with a me too businesses every where.

srpurdy
08-23-2016, 09:45 PM

Your crazy for even doing it for $275. I wouldn't even get out of bed for anyhing less than $1000. For $550 I'd pick up the phone and tell them to suck an egg. At the end of the day it is about being profitable. I don't see how you can be profitable doing a full wetsanding job for $550. If it was for a friend, maybe, but for a bussiness deal no way. I learned in previous businesses, that if you give a discount. To show them how good you are. They just want that price and walk all over you. They make all sorts of promises they can't keep like your 6 to 10 cars. In the end he got you to wetsand a car for $275. He got his use out of you. Some people just abuse small businesses like this. That's how they make money, it gets even more cut-throat in more high end business than that. Demand what your worth always, and have the ability to walk away when you don't get what you want.

FUNX650
08-23-2016, 10:45 PM
Got contacted by local Dealer who
import cars from Japan and sell them!

They asked me if I could stop by for detailing a car

Long story short,

I will be detailing one of their right hand rx7 FC
and then decide if I'm good enough to detail all
of their imported cars including skylines 😍

Btw how much would should I expect for AIO service like this?

Also I think they are way more flexible than regular dealers
when it comes to pricing since they are specialized dealer.

Anyways wish me luck

•Before accepting their offer for you
to provide to them an example of
your detailing abilities...[to see if you
are good enough(?)]

-I would have made sure to have received,
in writing, the amount of money you are
going to be paid for that sampling of your
detailing abilities.

•If all else fails...This is an excellent opportunity
for you to see, first-hand, just how "flexible"
this outfit really is when it comes to pricing.

-I wish you Luck.

Bob

choijw2
08-23-2016, 11:34 PM
•Before accepting their offer for you
to provide to them an example of
your detailing abilities...[to see if you
are good enough(?)]

-I would have made sure to have received,
in writing, the amount of money you are
going to be paid for that sampling of your
detailing abilities.

•If all else fails...This is an excellent opportunity
for you to see, first-hand, just how "flexible"
this outfit really is when it comes to pricing.

-I wish you Luck.

Bob

Well I am only a weekend warrior with no website, but only a facebook page with small portfolio,
and they heard of about me from word to word, so I don't blame them. but you're right,I should have, but there is still time to schedule time and price

I wouldn't expect much flexibility with your local honda dealer, but they import rare cars from japan, also their main business is
Japanese selling engines/ transmission and other parts + machine work and they did grow up a lot during last couple years.

So who knows,

GSKR
08-24-2016, 06:15 AM
Your crazy for even doing it for $275. I wouldn't even get out of bed for anyhing less than $1000. For $550 I'd pick up the phone and tell them to suck an egg. At the end of the day it is about being profitable. I don't see how you can be profitable doing a full wetsanding job for $550. If it was for a friend, maybe, but for a bussiness deal no way. I learned in previous businesses, that if you give a discount. To show them how good you are. They just want that price and walk all over you. They make all sorts of promises they can't keep like your 6 to 10 cars. In the end he got you to wetsand a car for $275. He got his use out of you. Some people just abuse small businesses like this. That's how they make money, it gets even more cut-throat in more high end business than that. Demand what your worth always, and have the ability to walk away when you don't get what you want.
Went out on a limb for this guy,cars were low mileage everything was great till that promblematic car.I stated to him I don't do stuff on the cheap.He got me on this car and I did tell him to suck a egg.No matter what dealer you do work for,there is a profit margin from each car and don't expect 1000 for a correction.you have to pick your battles money or no money.I take on everything from a simple Honda to a737.Nobodywalks over me I'm not blinded.He got me on the 275.00 cause he wasn't around,so do it real quick and clear this matter up to him.He didn't like what i had to say about future promblematic cars.we actually parted was before that incident.Trust me I was pissed slamming and throwing stuff.Never ever again.I got into this jerk from a forum member on here and took a gamble ad lost.No dealer will give you a written estimated compensation for each car you do.He promised volume and I bought into it as the first couple of cars were easy.my wife is ill so I take on everything working 7 days a week for the past 3 years.

choijw2
08-26-2016, 05:52 PM

So I did little test spot on RHD rx7

Paint has been resprayed,
Ultra super soft....

That result with hydro tech orange pad + HD speed on rupes with speed 3

Shop workers were so shocked and wanted to get a service on their own cars loll

Anyway, we will talk about the dollar when the owner comes in tomorrow morning

choijw2
08-28-2016, 10:08 PM
$150 per car for AIO?

Take or leave?

And we are talking about rx7
Miata, Crx all small size cars.

VISITOR
08-28-2016, 10:16 PM
awesome, keep up the good work! don't undersell yourself/services...