PDA

View Full Version : Stick with Ultimate Compound/Polish for Toyota?

RippyD
08-23-2016, 12:36 PM
Asked a bunch of questions a few months ago and got great advice. Finally settled on using Ultimate Compound/Polish for my wife's black 2015 4Runner. I got it looking good and now has some swirls again. Not bad at all, but I'd like to remove them again. I'm doing this all by hard. Really should get a machine. For now, hand is working.

Would you guys stick with UC and UP for Toyota clear coat. I'm using Duragloss for coating, and would be happy to use their compound or polish. Not sure I see an equivalent to UC and UP. I'm concerned DG Swirl Remover may be too aggressive.

If it matters I'm Duragloss 111+601 as a coating and then using DG Aquawax about weekly. After getting some swirls out I'll likely use UP everywhere and then reapply 111+601.

WillSports3
08-23-2016, 01:07 PM
It should work just fine, depending on what's going on you can try using just a white polishing pad with ultimate polish instead of compound and see what that can do for you.

dcjredline
08-23-2016, 02:40 PM
Are you inducing more swirls or did the others just get covered up and not corrected maybe cause you are limited to doing it by hand do you think? There are 2 different answers depending on what's happening.

RippyD
08-23-2016, 04:56 PM
Are you inducing more swirls or did the others just get covered up and not corrected maybe cause you are limited to doing it by hand do you think? There are 2 different answers depending on what's happening.
I'm sure we're introducing some swirls. Car is occasionally filthy - it rains here 8 months and the wife drives it everywhere, including dirt and gravel roads. I go as touchless as I can (foam gun, pressure washer). But more likely other caueses. Three kids getting in and out doesn't help.

Came home last week to 10 kids in the garage two of the neighbor kids leaning against the truck that was not clean. That side has some clear coat scratches I need to remove. (We are not happy with our kids or the neighbor kids.)

Based on how easily swirls come out of this paint it has to be very soft. Not surprised it needs some help after 5 months.

Hantra
08-23-2016, 05:35 PM
Three kids getting in and out doesn't help.

Came home last week to 10 kids in the garage two of the neighbor kids leaning against the truck that was not clean.

On the scale of things that will destroy your paint, kids have to be up there with "ohh, I can prolly git that bug off with suma that green stuff we use to scrub pans".

RippyD
08-23-2016, 06:12 PM
On the scale of things that will destroy your paint, kids have to be up there with "ohh, I can prolly git that bug off with suma that green stuff we use to scrub pans".

It's crazy. One of my kids has a new bike. I said "how would you feel if one of my friends scratched up your brand new bike?" Answer: "I dunno..." They just can't quit think outside their own little bubble.

Desertnate
08-24-2016, 07:49 AM
Based on how easily swirls come out of this paint it has to be very soft. Not surprised it needs some help after 5 months.

I've found Toyota paint will mar if you breath on it wrong. I have to be very careful with my wife's Highlander. I've marred the paint with my softest MF towel and plenty of QD while wiping off bird droppings.

The good news is the paint is easy to correct and the Meguiars UC/UP combo never fails to deliver. In fact, with a white LC Flat Pad, I've never had to use the compound. The polish provides plenty of correction for the daily driver/family hauler SUV.

RippyD
08-25-2016, 06:37 PM
I've found Toyota paint will mar if you breath on it wrong. I have to be very careful with my wife's Highlander. I've marred the paint with my softest MF towel and plenty of QD while wiping off bird droppings.

The good news is the paint is easy to correct and the Meguiars UC/UP combo never fails to deliver. In fact, with a white LC Flat Pad, I've never had to use the compound. The polish provides plenty of correction for the daily driver/family hauler SUV.
Great - will give that a try. Thanks.